Turning fuel up on New Holland 5030

crf450x

Anybody know how to turn the fuel up on a Ford/new Holland 5030? It's the Ford 256 engine with a CAV pump. All the searching I've done shows a different pump. I can't find anything on this one anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20160722_122418680.jpg
    IMG_20160722_122418680.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 0
My experience its under cover on other side, back out two bolts thys are 180* apart and slide main plate back just enough where it doesnt fal off shaft and spin thin plate in 1 turn increments

Pain in butt

That's what I was afraid of. It just hit me the pictures I saw had the pump on the other side. Pretty sure it would have to come off to get in the back. Or at least disconnect everything and spin it around. Any idea how many turns would be good? I don't need any extra power. Just would enjoy making a puff of smoke here and there. I don't really even use the tractor. Its only got about 500 hours on it. But if I do this I don't want to do it twice.

That's what I was afraid of. It just hit me the pictures I saw had the pump on the other side. Pretty sure it would have to come off to get in the back. Or at least disconnect everything and spin it around. Any idea how many turns would be good? I don't need any extra power. Just would enjoy making a puff of smoke here and there. I don't really even use the tractor. Its only got about 500 hours on it. But if I do this I don't want to do it twice.

Thats just stupid, I'd rather have power without any smoke.

Thats just stupid, I'd rather have power without any smoke.

Oh I don't want to hear that crap. It's a tractor buddy. It gets used lightly and rarely. I don't plan to take the damn thing in the middle of town and go into retard mode. Good God.

I have a 2910 that i did two turns, hazes a good bit bit under load, will leave a black trail. since its a toy maybe start with 3? its non turbo right?

I have a 2910 that i did two turns, hazes a good bit bit under load, will leave a black trail. since its a toy maybe start with 3? its non turbo right?

Cool that's probably where I'll start. Yes it's non turbo unfortunately.

Do I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise?

Last edited:
Not related to adding power but have you cleaned the oil screen in the bottom of the transmission lately. My neighbor s caned his 16x16 shuttle shift this year, screen got plugged and starved the oil pump to a point it quit pulling. Because several parts 16x16 have been discontinued we couldn't fix the trans. Even if the parts had been available it would have cost over $5k plus labor to fix it.

Back