winter new truck build

2011-12-13_20-56-32_428.jpg
2011-12-13_20-56-58_687.jpg
2011-12-13_20-57-22_318.jpg
everything in front is done now except for paint. I'm hope'n to get that done tomorrow. hopefuly by this weekend rear hubs will be back from machine shop and I'll have a finished rolling chasis.

What size is the tubing for your front control arm.Looks like it as been given alot of thought.Made simple and easy.I like it.

Dale

I agree, looks good. Simple but functional and well thought out. I would like to see what you will be doing with the rear hubs.

Dale all control arms are think wall two inch , two shock bars off front are also. Front track bar is 1 3/8 DOM. I should have pictures of rear hubs this week when machine shop gets done. We're using factory alum hubs. Had a wheel made for inside of the hub that will mount where the brake drum used to. Then a adapter/spacer to mount eight lug wheel on the outside

Some of the sq came with alluminum hub and center section.

Dale

There is two different aluminum hubs one is larger than the other.

Any progress this weekend?

Yep! Pulled front apart got all that painted it'll go back together tonight. Started working on short block got it cleaned and painted and block fill put in. Hope to have motor in it running in two weeks. I'll sit cab and everything on it this weekend and hope to get motor mocked up with the newmounts. Feel pretty good about it. First hook is Feb 3 got my fingers crossed LOL

Sweet love when thing start going together smoothly.

Dale

And don't pay attention to the yellow diff cover. It'll get painted to match when I put gears in. Nick we're pulling in murfreesburro, tn indoor pull southern invitational

I admire your fab skills and thinking outside the box on this. Only concern I would have is with the upper control arms mounting to the lower arms. Seems it would cause the lower arms to bow and flex more in the center and cause a bad bounce similar to the way the 05+ Fords do with thier single pivot arms.

I have to agree with the rest of the guys it is well thought out looking. It looks like you re a heck of a fabricator too! I like it. I actually think that that control arm setup will work good it should keep that front from rolling and causing bounce and the shocks bein out front like that will do a good job dampening it. You ought to bring it out the the keystone nationals in harrisburg,pa at the end of march so I can see it pull.

Man, this is making me feel bad! Ive had my frame for about 6 months and have barely gotten anything done!!!

Looks good! and Ill be keeping an eye on here for a few ideas and modivation to get my butt in gear on mine!

Looking good buddy! The only thing I can see being an issue is the tabs for the upper radius arms. You would be supprised of the stress that will just be on verticle tabs like that. A triangle shape would give the most strength and would give more strength and less chance of breaking the welds. You will see triangle shaped brackets in alot of oem suspensions for this very reason. Other than that...looks great! and I wish I would have done the same sort of setup on my old truck. Making me miss it more and more every time I check out your updates!!!

I admire your fab skills and thinking outside the box on this. Only concern I would have is with the upper control arms mounting to the lower arms. Seems it would cause the lower arms to bow and flex more in the center and cause a bad bounce similar to the way the 05+ Fords do with thier single pivot arms.
I agree really nice fab work but that front susp. set up might give you some front end chatter and bounce. Might need to 4 link it.

Back