Mini Mill

FastCR

Breaks stuff
Does anyone have a harbor freight or other x2 mini mill?

I've been saving my pennies for awhile for something cool, and I see a lot of good things said about them.

I realize they are a little tool, but if I'm okay with working slowly and tolerances not being perfect. Should I pick one up? I realize getting into the $1100 range gets better stuff, but I do have other things I'd rather have in that price range, especially considering the extra money I'll be putting into tooling and vise, etc.

You can usually find a vertical milking machine for $2k. It's worth the cost for a reason

Sent via USPS 2 weeks ago

1000. And it's a he'll of setup compared to harbor funk.

Attachments

• 20140213_141651.jpg
    20140213_141651.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140213_141702.jpg
    20140213_141702.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
The Junker drag truck could be a testament to those harbor freight mills being worth something..

But he also said he had 12+ hours with it due to it being under powered. That's more frustration than it's worth to me.

I'd save some more pennies and find a relatively quality one at an auction or CL.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I guess the main thing is that for over about $750 with tooling, I do have other things I don't need that I'm considering. Also, I've been watching craigslist for awhile within reasonable distance from here, and not much comes up. Plus, I don't have 220 in my garage. It kinda comes down to whether I want a mini mill or no mill. :bang

Dad always says poor people have poor ways and there is nothing wrong with that. If you can afford it and it will get the job done then have at it man!

Back