View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Lucas1

Name: Lucas1
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin ACE View Post
why do I need an inverted shackle? after looking at it more today and reading some more, the longer bars will be pretty close to the angle of my driveshaft since they'll be mounted on the bottom of the U-bolt plate. Long single bar setups are better for pulling if you have suspension stops which I plan on making also so they won't bind. I'm just gonna use 3/4" heim rod ends for a 3 point hitch for now til I can afford the rubber bushing type.

How rough do the single bar setups ride for daily driving? this ol dodge already rides rough so I'm sure it can't be much worse.

well the tourqe of the diff twisting is putting pressure and binding the shackle.
if its the other way around it pulls up and as long as the angle is correct not try to push the shackle forward. and move the axle.

iam guessing your bolts from the top of your mount are breaking from the twisting action of the differential.

ride quality should not be affected at all from a proper traction bar set up.

the one you have in there now is not ideal because the angle doesnt match the drive shaft. think of the rear end squating down and think of the movement of the driveshaft...up and back right..well your traction bar is not on the same page...or not exactly the same.

ive seen tons of link/traction bar set-ups that stop 100% of axle wrap but do not cycle the suspension properly. It simply "lifts" the rear end during acceleration transfering the weight to the front and thus breaking traction.
you want the suspension to cycle properly squat the rear end. the cummins has enough weight to it to aid in traction in the front

a good start for you is doing a shackle flip and elliminating the huge factory lift block fighting against you

Last edited by Lucas1; 05-09-2011 at 11:50 PM.