Thread: Advertising
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I have never intentionally clicked on a banner on a forum.

I've purchased based on feedback read on a forum and likewise, have chosen NOT to purchase something based on feedback left on a forum or seeing how a company reacts to a given situation that's aired out on forums.

I'm a 30-something and do not have a facebook account - I know that's not the norm though - but understand it to be a big avenue.

Social networking is huge these days. I mean for goodness sakes theres a college degree for it now!

I do use instagram and enjoy seeing new products and such from some companies, but I get tired of seeing the smoke belching & burnout pics from flat-bill douche-nozzles all the time so I don't follow too many diesel performance places on there.

I'd assume magazine advertising is probably up there in terms of audience size AND return on the dollar spent? I can't see television/radio reaching as many folks currently? Only group that gets good coverage is PPL so I'd imagine you'd have to be big-time sponsor of their's the gather in some of that air time in an effective way?

I hate to even say it because I like the guys you all sponsor, but has it proven to produce any sales by sponsoring a competition vehicle? I know I have personally never bought anything based on seeing a competition vehicle wearing a logo. The exception might be turbo, injection shop & whole-truck-build business/companies? I can see where a winning truck rocking an Engineered Diesel or Scheid or Haisley or Harts sticker might make some others pick up the phone to try and get whatever XYZ part that truck has that they want. I can't say an exhaust system would be one of those things though?

I LOVE me some youtube! QUALITY videos giving good breakdown and review of your products is great in my mind. If you claim to fit better - make a video showing your system being installed along side a competing companies product and show right then that yours goes in easier and fits better. OR your hardware lasts longer - show yours versus the competition before and after an elements torture test or real weather simulator machine. An exhaust company should have TONS of HIGH QUALITY sound videos portraying whatever sound it is you're claiming - no drone, quiet in cab, yada yada yada. There should be sound clips for idle, cruising & heavy acceleration for pretty much every combo you produce and for every platform. For the diesels; yes, there'd be dozens of videos. Maybe over 100? But I really think they'd be worth your while.

I didn't vote on any in the poll yet, but those are my opinions/thoughts. Hope its somewhat helpful for your goal/angle with your bosses/acct department.

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap