My 01 v10 swapped to 12v problem

v10to12v

So this is an interesting one and I hope this is the right place as it deals with the 01 electronics...

Back story- Swapped the 12v in for the v10 but using the v10 electronics/harness. Everything is working great other then controlling the 47re.

When I don't have my TPS connected, gears 1-2-3 shift great but obviously I get no OD and LU. When I connect the 12v tps (I think this is my problem) Every gear will hang until I left off the accelerator but I do get OD and LU at the correct times.

I can modify the v10 tps to fit the 12v or I can just put switches in and manually control OD and LU. The initial problem is the V10 TPS has a different amount of rotation and resistance then the 12v. Maybe a 5 speed swap is in my future. :doh:

Derek Rose Customs makes an adjustable switch that replaces the tps. Was around $38. I have one in a stock 12v truck and it works good.

Derek Rose Customs makes an adjustable switch that replaces the tps. Was around $38. I have one in a stock 12v truck and it works good.

The 2001 v10 doesn't work with the pot mod. It's constantly reading and calibrating off tps position. I could manually rotate the knob to get od and lu but it's not practical.

Back