Primer Gray P-Pump 1st Gen Build

I deleted the heat exchanger and installed a coolant bypass on my 05. Can’t recall the plumbing situation though. I’ll have to look at my truck this evening.

Check out the coolant bypass from Fleece. I think they have instructions online of what is removed.

Thanks. I’ll look at it.

B2021945_41_A2_4690_AA8_D_9_D54725121_F8.jpg

Good drink and the yota is clean. Gonna be a good night!
19838_BF3_A52_A_4_FF6_96_BA_3680331_A1_DCF.jpg

I'm working on the lift pump now and wondering how to plumb it. I have no fittings to go on it right now. What's the best way to plumb from the stock line coming from the tank to the lift pump and lift pump to filter base? I'm going to run a CAT Filter base and a Donaldson FF/WS with 3/8" lines. It's a piston style cummins lift pump.

Last edited:
Waiting on Oil feed line.

The oil fitting is 1/8” NPT on the block side. What is the side the line connects to? JIC?

2_BDDF040_229_A_443_D_B503_C829_C957_A7_F7.jpg

The pump oil line is -4 jic. I use push lock hose and jic fitting on fuel systems -6 for 3/8 and -8 for 1/2 inch. With the appropriate unions depending on thread.

The pump oil line is -4 jic. I use push lock hose and jic fitting on fuel systems -6 for 3/8 and -8 for 1/2 inch. With the appropriate unions depending on thread.

Thanks. I decided to do 8AN for the fuel with SS braided line that we had leftover from another project.

Just for future reference AN and jic will interchange if you need to get parts locally. The unions are usually cheaper in jic. And can get at any hydraulics shop.

Looks like you are raising a good helper there.

Have any more 12v p-pump stuff laying around? I’m considering doing the swap one day on my 91. Though I sure like the dynamic timing of the VE and dislike how it flat lines after 2,800 rpm.

Just for future reference AN and jic will interchange if you need to get parts locally. The unions are usually cheaper in jic. And can get at any hydraulics shop.

Yeah. I was getting a fitting yesterday at NAPA and realized AN and JIC where identical.

Looks like you are raising a good helper there.

Have any more 12v p-pump stuff laying around? I’m considering doing the swap one day on my 91. Though I sure like the dynamic timing of the VE and dislike how it flat lines after 2,800 rpm.

I really don’t have anything else. I robbed all the parts from my 96 to put on this one. I do have a 180 Pump from Seth Farrell that I might consider selling. I’m thinking about stepping up to a 13mm pump on the 96.

Back