Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

I would suggest that anyone using a Pintal Ring for a pulling hitch spend a night un-hooking trucks you will change to a clevis the next day.

JerrodGlover said:
I would suggest that anyone using a Pintal Ring for a pulling hitch spend a night un-hooking trucks you will change to a clevis the next day.

Why? Does it get caught in the pintle ring?

4x4dually said:
I'm gonna have to make one of these to put on so I can drive around and look cool like you guys :hehe: And some of you need some weldin' lessons too! LOL I need one of Ian's to pull cedar trees out with!!!

I'm sure you are talking abut me, it was a quick job, with what I had laying around. I do need some welding lessons, that was the first time I ever stick welded, it did the job though, I haven't broken it yet either. Going to try to make another one next pulling season, and I hope it will look better than this one.:doh:

Would there be an advantage or disadvantage to a CNC"d aluminum piece? Price wouldn't matter. I'm no metalergist would it hold up? I'd be game for making one.

bcumminsmeck said:
I'm sure you are talking abut me, it was a quick job, with what I had laying around. I do need some welding lessons, that was the first time I ever stick welded, it did the job though, I haven't broken it yet either. Going to try to make another one next pulling season, and I hope it will look better than this one.:doh:

Nah dude, I wasn't pointin' at anyone in particular. I can't stick weld for shiznit. I was just harrassin'. Brand new Miller Bobcat 250 and can't weld, that is just wrong ain't it? :hehe: After about 20 more pipe corner post I'll figure it out.

Bobcat698 said:
Why? Does it get caught in the pintle ring?

Yup nothing more fun than kicking the hook out of hitches all night when trying to run trucks through. I have seen up to the rare 3.5" ones do it, must be something with the shape.

97' CTD said:
Heres the 3-Position:
http://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=6434&categoryID=219

Heres my 5-Position:
http://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=5769&categoryID=219

P.S. They even come with little 1/2" Plate gussets and I used 2" solid Cold Rolled for my tail end :D.
Brandon

Not be be a jerk, but merely asking to gain knowledge, how much does the sled weigh and how much verticle force is being exerted downward as the truck tries to pull it up?

12,000 lbs. (GTW) rating, (2000 lbs. maximum vertical load).

Anyone have concerns with this or do I just over engineer by nature? :poke:

Sleds weigh between 30 and 45, most times.

They bend and break stock receivers, at least on the Dodges, if you have power/traction.

I dont know the exact figures on load, it would be interesting.

I know I have never pulled a sled (but want to) and have no experience what so ever (so don't YELL AT ME) but I'd be a little concerned about the strenght of that perforated channel. Just my two cents. And I'm sure they have been used a hundred times with no problems to. Just curious. :D

Mines still holding and its the same thing... I think the receiver hitch would rip off the truck before the hitch would break.

I wouldn't worry about the eye pulling out of the channel, make sure you gusset it well. Believe me they are tougher than I ever imagined.

Here's mine, it was built for me by Scott Vorhees. This isn't the best angle, but it's the only pic I have right now at work, so I thought I'd post it.

Oh and that Honda behind me, slammed into me while I was parked. Apparently he hit me right I his license plate sits, He's lucky that thing didn't slam through his radiator lol. What a douche bag.

Here's the hitch that Lyn made. Silly sledpullers. At least I got to play with the pretty translucent blue powdercoat again.
lynhitch.jpg

lynhitch2.jpg

Back