Bent pushrod

59turbo

Got a new 2500 and it bent number 1 exhaust pushrod. No obvious signs as to why although the tip of the rocker that sits against the bridge is broken off. Truck has 4000 miles on it.

Pull the injector and get a camera in the bore.

Injector was removed to see if there was any damage to it but will get a look with a camera next and post up what I find. Oh and do a leak down test to see if any bent valves. Thanks for the replies so far.

Last edited:
Actually it is warranty and I’m the guy working on it at the dealer. Never seen this before so I thought I’d ask around to try and get some insight. Lots of knowledgeable people on here that may have come across this before. Appreciate the help. At this time we’re putting it back together to see what it’s going to do. I still have to do a leak down on it while the injector is out.

Actually it is warranty and I’m the guy working on it at the dealer. Never seen this before so I thought I’d ask around to try and get some insight. Lots of knowledgeable people on here that may have come across this before. Appreciate the help. At this time we’re putting it back together to see what it’s going to do. I still have to do a leak down on it while the injector is out.

Hooooooly $hit! Make sure you count this as billable time!LOL

FCA won't mind!

Update in case anyone was wondering, did a leak down and was ok, put a boroscope down the injector hole and the piston was fine so I put it back together with new parts and it drives fine. Also of note, it’s a manual transmission so maybe the owner over revved it on a downshift. He didn’t say.

Update in case anyone was wondering, did a leak down and was ok, put a boroscope down the injector hole and the piston was fine so I put it back together with new parts and it drives fine. Also of note, it’s a manual transmission so maybe the owner over revved it on a downshift. He didn’t say.

I'll never forget on my first 6.7 back in 09 when edge juice was the only way to go with Sims in order to do a delete.... I hit an unfueled and logged peak rpm of 4282.

Did you find the piece of the end that broke off of I remember reading that?

Yea I found the piece of the push rod that broke sitting on top of the cylinder head. Runs like a top, I really can’t explain what happened. I don’t know if I can see a peak rpm with a scan tool.

Back