More air for all common rail Dodges

It is on and is being evaluated. I notice improved throttle response, in stop and go traffic. In any low boost situation, the engine is more responsive, the go pedal, seems more sensitive than before. I believe this will help slow spooling turbochargers.

Anyone ever notice how restricive the intake plenum is on the common rail 5.9 and 6.7? #1 and #6 are really chocked off...well not anymore!

I have been working on this deal for awhile now. We have a kit available, to plumb the restricted ends of the head directly into the the intercooler piping. I am finishing the first kit up early next week. I had to make a tool that bolts to the back of the head, so the rear casting plug can be removed easily. We machined some nipples that insert where the plugs are removed. The kit will consist of a new intercooler to air horn tube, tubing for the front and also the rear of the head to tie into the intercooler tube, silicone connectors and T bolt clamps, as well as the machined nipples and removal tool.

More air means alot to those 2 cylinders, more POWER! Lower EGT's, longer engine life, less smoke and less chance of a burnt piston.

Just remember where this innovation came from, once the Xeroxing begins.

View attachment 16091

View attachment 16092

View attachment 16093

Hate to break your bubble Shane, but this mod has been done MANY moons ago.........

This was B.C.

"Before Compy" over on the TDR:hehe::hehe:

IMG_1603.JPG

This is what it looks like going into the front of the head. You can't see the rear hardly at all. You can use the factory air horn or any after market version.

Yeah, I have the bigger tubing from banks as well.

Shane, I'd all for dropping the banks intake horn for one of yours, should you support a 3.5" pipe (I'm 90% sure it's 3.5")

Or heck, if you can do a 3.5" pipe --> stock horn (that I have) and incorporate your new tubes, that'll work too.

Back