View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 06:41 AM   #23
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuggler View Post
Wow. Everybody can just ignore anything I said earlier. Apparently I'm the only one that stayed awake for more than two days in geometry class. I'm out.
Sorry mhuggler, I think maybe you lost all of us. lol I went back and seen one post about piston skirt side loading from you.

...could you possibly expand a bit on your statement so that we might get a better chance at talking about your concern.

I'll expand just a little. Just about every diesel engine I've taken apart or seen pics of have a piston skirt that is longer than a piston skirt in a gasoline engine.

One reason this VR6 engine is lighter is that it is a gasoline engine. All the diesel engine manufactures are searching for ways to meet future emissions. In doing so, the internal parts are made lighter to reduce rotating/accelerated mass.

I made the statement somewhere, my old '90 model has lived nearly a half a million miles at almost 2x it's advertised HP. Back in the days when all we had was a 460 ford or 454 chevy to get it done, you would be lucky to get 50k miles out of one of those gassers trying to keep up with just the stock 5.9 cummins of '89.

Again, sorta to go along with the "wake up sunshine" post, the diesel community, especially us, are going to have move away from the tractor engine philosophy. Otherwise, the mighty diesel will be gone.

Last edited by Bodacious; 10-30-2017 at 06:42 AM.