What to do with the glow plug hole

WisdomWarlord

I have decided to go old school for starting my 1993 F350 with a 7.3 L IDI diesel. I've disabled the glow plug system and am using ether for cold starts. It's working fine and there are several points of failure now removed.

So this leaves me with a perfectly good hole into each precombustion chamber.* The glow plugs now are just plugs :)

I'm brainstorming with what to do with the holes.

I have noticed several times that when I'm real low on fuel and I suck some air,* the engine surges as if I have increased the throttle momentarily, but I didn't.
That makes me think there is some gain to be had by somehow injecting air into the precombustion chamber along with the fuel.

Or maybe increase the hole diameter and install a second injector,* and somehow Frankenstein in a second DB2 injection pump.
Or maybe direct NO2 injection,* or Methanol?

Maybe air injection that doubles as a start assist,* similar the real old school air start diesels.

Or something really crazy that I haven't thought of :-D

Any thoughts?

I love it. sell truck with spark plugs, new owner goes to parts store to buy new spark plugs for his diesel truck.:hehe: Parts guy say OK........:doh:

We all know that a diesel with spark plugs is good for at least another 100 HP. :evil

Back