View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #13
Tate

Name: Tate
Title: What?
Member`s Gallery
Control each bag individually. What works on a class 8 truck isn't the same as whats going to work on a lifted pickup. Namely the fact that most class 8 trucks are pulling a trailer, so the weight is always in the center on the kingpin. The load is going to be pretty equal between the bags. They are also a two-link design, which is great for simplicity, but their articulation sucks. And because their articulation sucks, you don't have to worry about leaning as much.

Go with either mechanical valves like Hendrickson valves or get a management system. You're gonna go crazy trying to keep it level if you plan to fill the bags manually. Also, 2.5 gallon tank is definitely on the small side for that setup. I'd suggest sizing it so you can go from fully dumped to ride height at your planned weight without needing the compressor. Depending on the bag, that might only be 60 psi, or it might be 90. I've got twin 3 gallon tanks and a single compressor, and it kicks the compressor on going from full dump to ride height with just a RZR in the back. I'll be looking into going to about 15 gallon capacity in the future with an engine driven compressor.

My p-pump conversion pics