Driveline vibration with Caltracks?

Road force balancing done, cost me $60. They said all tires & rims were ok. Vibration is maybe 60% less now, it's just when I'm steady on the throttle, seems to be worst around 40-50mph. Seems to have to do with when the TC is locked up in OD. I never had any of this before the tires/caltracks? I suppose the driveshaft could be out, but I don't understand how. Where would I go to have the driveshaft rebalanced?
You said the vibration improved after road force balancing but didn't entirely go away. Your problem didn't start until you got those tires. I think you see where I'm going with this.

If the vibration changes when you drop a gear at the same speed it is NOT the tires, NOT the shaft, It is something within the trans, now you need to get it to the front half of the trans or the rear half of the trans.

I had thought you were already doing these checks

Yes I did, but i'm not sure what it the vibration frequency is telling me?
I did pull the dipstick and noticed a light, dark gray film on the stick.
My best guess is the TC is on it's way out again.
Either way it's over my head as far as repair.

You said the vibration improved after road force balancing but didn't entirely go away. Your problem didn't start until you got those tires. I think you see where I'm going with this.

I thought this way too, but I now have no vibration off the throttle(I did before the RF balance). Touch the throttle to accelerate or maintain a steady cruise and it's there. I had the TC go out last spring, the film on the stick tells me maybe it is bad again.

Back