Manual swap tuning

crpower

I have a nv4500 I will be putting in my 03 that was an auto. Now if I get the manual trans file for the smarty put that in, can I then tune with hptuners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question is like bob asked. You should be able to get a manual file from hp tuners. But if not then do as you said. Go with the smarty and have a file built from bob. He knows whats going on. Thats what we did on the 05 i swapped.

the way i understand is the. Manual file just shuts off the auto info to the truck that way it dont think its auto any longer. But there are still some pin out issues that you need to address after that. I have a thread somewhere here.

My question is like bob asked. You should be able to get a manual file from hp tuners. But if not then do as you said. Go with the smarty and have a file built from bob. He knows whats going on. Thats what we did on the 05 i swapped.

the way i understand is the. Manual file just shuts off the auto info to the truck that way it dont think its auto any longer. But there are still some pin out issues that you need to address after that. I have a thread somewhere here.

Just got an email back from support and they told me they don’t offer that..... so I’m thinking I could get an 03 manual file ecm and swap them not?

You should be able to flash in a manual file in your auto and pull a couple pins on the TCM and should be good to go. With my 06 i created my own manual tune with EFI Live and I was good to go.

When I swapped my truck I had efi live flash a manual file and it worked great. I would bet HP would be able to do the same.

IIRC, there's 2 different pinouts for MANUAL transmission in 2003.
1 version, the pre 1-3-2003 builds, use the APPS located on the cylinder head.
The later version, post 1-3-2003, uses the APPS located under the driver's side battery tray.

Not sure if the ECM pinouts are different for the 2, but my intuition says they are, for what that is worth. LOL

Mark.

I have a nv4500 I will be putting in my 03 that was an auto. Now if I get the manual trans file for the smarty put that in, can I then tune with hptuners?

Yes you can. Years ago when I swapped my 05 only smarty was available so that is what I used to load the manual file. This file stays in the ECU when the smarty is removed.Then when I switched to hp tuners I received the software and dongle, downloaded the stock file and sent it to the tuner. Worked without any issues.

I'm unconvinced, I think early and late 03 manuals will conflict with each other.
Seems I had a customer with the APPS issue in the past.

Mark.

Back