03 Mazda Tribute Transmission

Penni

I know it's a long shot and not even remotely diesel... I'm trying to source a transmission for a late 03 AWD Mazda tribute...
I got the vehicle for $300 and im trying to flip it for a small profit but i cannot find a trans for it anywhere, exchange is $1800 and new is $2500 both options are too much to justify...
I've called roughly 25+ salvage yards in a 3hr radius from me, with only one located at $775 plus $100 core and 133k miles which also seems steep... given planned lifetime for trans is 140k...
Its a CD4E which is ridiculously common and came in a bunch of vehicles but apparently this vehicle can only take a late 03 early 04 transmission from the Mazda line - Ford / Lincoln / mercury variants won't work...
Also it bills for 10.1 hours of labor...

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know it's a long shot and not even remotely diesel... I'm trying to source a transmission for a late 03 AWD Mazda tribute...
I got the vehicle for $300 and im trying to flip it for a small profit but i cannot find a trans for it anywhere, exchange is $1800 and new is $2500 both options are too much to justify...
I've called roughly 25+ salvage yards in a 3hr radius from me, with only one located at $775 plus $100 core and 133k miles which also seems steep... given planned lifetime for trans is 140k...
Its a CD4E which is ridiculously common and came in a bunch of vehicles but apparently this vehicle can only take a late 03 early 04 transmission from the Mazda line - Ford / Lincoln / mercury variants won't work...
Also it bills for 10.1 hours of labor...

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Have you tried car-part.com? Usually quite a few options on there.

Back