Billit freeze plugs

BIGTRKMAN

Are billit freeze plugs necessary for a daily driver/toy? What's the recommendation for them? Over 600hp or otherwise? Thanks

Their purpose is that they can handle more coolant pressure without popping out. Coolant pressure is created with RPM, so it's going to depend what rpm you spin to, not based on HP. I wouldnt worry about them at 4500 and under, but over that they're a nice upgrade, especially without a coolant bypass.

Im only running a 4k gsk but i just put a coolant bypass and all billet plugs in for piece of mind. My brothers 24v lost the rear plug on the dyno. It was a mess

Keep in mind where you live too. It was -32F here for a little while. I've got good coolant, but that's some good backup insurance to have at least one freeze plug!

Thanks for the info everyone.. I do have the rear plug was thinking might as well do the rest since I have the motor out doing bearings and seals. Plus a new hamilton 188/220 that I pulled a shield street/strip cam out... it had over 300 thousand miles on anyways.

Ok I got the freeze plugs and installed the rear plug and the 3 on the side but curious about the front plug if there is a certain way to install it? It just has a groove in the center and pushes in behind the fan pulley

Ok I got the freeze plugs and installed the rear plug and the 3 on the side but curious about the front plug if there is a certain way to install it? It just has a groove in the center and pushes in behind the fan pulley

The fan bolts over it and holds it in place

Yea thanks for the reply, but i was curious if there was a certain way it was turned since it is grooved in the middle

Back