proper way to wire my pyro

fatty

VE
I've got an EV2 0-2000 pyro and I can not, no matter how many times I try, make it work consistently. The needle jumps and bounces all over. I've had it work correctly for a few months here and there, but then I drive down a nasty bumpy road and it starts acting all crazy again. I'm pretty sure the problem is in how I connect the wires to the orange deal that goes into the back of the gauge. Pictures anyone?

Here's the official instruction sheet:
http://www.isspro.com/downloads/index.php?dir=&file=IS190%20%28R72023%20Wire%20Insertion%20Tool%20%20Rev%20C%29.pdf

The most common issue I see is where people don't squeeze the pliers tightly enough when pressing the connector into the tool. It could also be that the connector terminals are getting spread open (please PM me your address and I'll have a new connector sent). Also, if you haven't already done it, please remove the bare copper wire from pin #6, and cut it flush with the outer sheath. We have found that this wire tends to loosen up, then cause noise with its intermittent connection. That wire is not necessary, we added it for an OEM customer that wanted it to pass a ludicrously high EMC/EMI standard.

If the items above do not solve the problem, it could possibly be an intermittent connection inside the thermocouple. How old is the gauge?

Back