DIY oring cutters

S475_12V

RE Killer
I have seen some cutters from $1600+ to $320.

Anyone mess with cutting there own orings or even fire rings for that matter?

Very nice, thanks guys wasn't sure if the isky tool was going to work for our application!? Good to see some first hand experience with it.

For $300 why not just have the head surfaced and o-rings cut and installed by someone who know what they are doing? :confused: I don't understand why you would potentially ruin a block for the same price. :badidea:

This is for the block not the head... The personal satisfaction of knowing that I did the work on my truck is worth the risk to me. Crazy I know....

I agree with you man. Knowing you can do things like that is a good feeling. But even though you may not screw up and ruin just a block, what if something goes catastrophically wrong and destroys more than just the block. Then your out way more than the machining cost. I don't know what could happen but as hard as some of these motors are pushed, seems like you should leave it to an "expert."

I thing i would just take it to the machine shop. Just my opinion.

I did my old 12 valve without any problems with the same tool! It's been together 8 years with no issues! Just take your time and do it right.

Back