How about Larson this weekend??

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
A freaking .47 @ 167??? That is insane- Congrats to the Firepunks! That little white truck was hauling the mail!

Here's the run that got them the record.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1-bEVyfPtw"]Firepunk Cummins S10 WORLD RECORD 4.47@167 - YouTube[/ame]

We are excited to finally get the truck closer to what our 2018 goals have been.
We are hoping to find another tenth in it, but going from a .47 to a 37 is a big undertaking. We have the power for more, but the ET is all found in the first 330' where power is just a small part of the equation.

We just added a wing with some downforce in preparation for running 1/4mile in Ennis, TX, NHRDA World Finals. We also broke a Heim joint in Florida, which was the reason we were getting hard left turns during the launch. We temporarily fixed it at the track, but are building all new 4 link bars with heavier tube and heim joints. We also found a crack on the bracket where the anti roll bar mounts to the axle, that we rewelded and added a gusset to hopefully prevent it from happening again.

We have been very happy with the Exergy Bosch ECU and Bosch Powerbox setup on the truck. The tuning capabilities are endless, giving us solid control during the burnout, staging and launching. Every measurement that is datalogged via the ECU can be referenced via the CAN bus system to enable/disable anything on the truck that is powered and since the Bosch Powerbox controls every solenoid, shifter, light, pump etc. I can't give enough credit to Phil at Exergy for the amount of time he invested in setting up this system before turning it over to us. It made the whole process seamless, from first start to race day and fine tuning. What i've learned about the Bosch system is that its only as good as the engineer who sets it up. A very powerful system when put in the right hands, and Exergy's team of engineers nailed it with taking the time to label all the measurements in plain English where i don't feel like i have to be Albert Einstein to maneuver through the software and datalogs.

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

We are excited to finally get the truck closer to what our 2018 goals have been.
We are hoping to find another tenth in it, but going from a .47 to a 37 is a big undertaking. We have the power for more, but the ET is all found in the first 330' where power is just a small part of the equation.

We just added a wing with some downforce in preparation for running 1/4mile in Ennis, TX, NHRDA World Finals. We also broke a Heim joint in Florida, which was the reason we were getting hard left turns during the launch. We temporarily fixed it at the track, but are building all new 4 link bars with heavier tube and heim joints. We also found a crack on the bracket where the anti roll bar mounts to the axle, that we rewelded and added a gusset to hopefully prevent it from happening again.

We have been very happy with the Exergy Bosch ECU and Bosch Powerbox setup on the truck. The tuning capabilities are endless, giving us solid control during the burnout, staging and launching. Every measurement that is datalogged via the ECU can be referenced via the CAN bus system to enable/disable anything on the truck that is powered and since the Bosch Powerbox controls every solenoid, shifter, light, pump etc. I can't give enough credit to Phil at Exergy for the amount of time he invested in setting up this system before turning it over to us. It made the whole process seamless, from first start to race day and fine tuning. What i've learned about the Bosch system is that its only as good as the engineer who sets it up. A very powerful system when put in the right hands, and Exergy's team of engineers nailed it with taking the time to label all the measurements in plain English where i don't feel like i have to be Albert Einstein to maneuver through the software and datalogs.

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

So I'm nosey and curious....

Turn key for someone out the door what's the coin purse got to hold for similar build?

If you had to pic a current favorite that you built.....

UCC truck or this...

Back