Now that Lavon sold #mywhitetruck............

I'll share my thoughts, that way in 5yrs from now i can remember why we sold it :).
I'll start with the fact that our truck was never actually for sale and I hadn't even entertained the thought, but a sequence of events changed our plans in about a weeks time.

After we committed to UCC 2019, my wife and I found out we are expecting a child on May 2nd, the day before UCC, while that was a topic of debate on how everything would work out, we heard that Josh Scruggs (Triple Hart Fab) was looking to get into a Pro Street chassis and after a few conversations, a fair offer was made and I spent 3 days deciding what to do before committing to sell the roller. Some of the other deciding factors that influenced the sale was the fact that we built that truck to compete in UCC and race Pro Street, 3yrs later we've won UCC 3 times, won a Pro Street Points Championship, set the 1/8th mile record at 4.97@151mph and 1/4mile record at 7.88@181mph, both below the 25.6 cert requirements. This leaves no room for looking for the "next level" in this 4500lb chassis, and for the next cert we need to get below 3600lbs, and for that we may as well start over. It was either settle in and focus on getting it to run consistent 5.0 range in Pro Street or sell and open the door to build a new chassis and keep going faster.

This 2018 season we learned that campaigning a Pro Street and Pro Mod truck with the same crew was a little much, and focusing on one project made more sense. The S10 is owned by Edgar Artecona in TX, with the original plan to have us campaign it for the first year, then have his daughter Amalee drive the truck the following. But if any of you have been watching the S10 this summer, you'll notice its been on a few wild rides. Because of how fast its progressed, Edgar decided to have us campaign the S10 for the 2019 season again with Larson driving and once its going straight consistently we'll put Amalee in the seat for a few non points races (she drives a high 9 sec street truck and has been through the Frank Hawley driving school).

So 2019 we will focus our efforts on the S10, we raced at 3375lbs last year, and are going to a billet head, spindle mount wheels, tbm brakes, new fiberglass doors, etc all to shave weight as we need to get to 3200lb race weight to keep our 25.2 cert that has a 3200lb max. While we're racing the S10 we are also working with D&J to finish the new Billet block/head that he started on in 2017, getting it to the dyno, putting its through its paces looking for as much power as possible with a single turbo/nitrous combination (less weight then twins or triples), so the engine is ready for action for a new chassis in the 2020 season.

The goal for the 2020 season is to go faster then the diesel dragsters in a door slammer (lofty goals). This would give us the best chance of having a chassis that can go play in other classes with the gassers when we're not racing ODSS. Even a billet block/head Cummins is 150lbs heavier then a Big block nitrous engine, and in the gas world a $40k budget gets you a 4000HP engine (its not fair). Diesels have a long way to go to compete in that league but we're a glutton for punishment and somehow think its a good idea to try to get a diesel power plant on that level.

I look forward to taking a little bit of a breather in 2019 and being able to focus more time on family and business while we prepare for the 2020 season.

Lavon

That's great! So no sled puller? Enjoy the family time. Looking forward to seeing you guys progress with the lighter weight vehicles!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your second kiddo. That’s the best news of the month!

Thanks for all your contributions to the sport. You team has awesome talent.

Congrats Lavon. I do believe it is their 3rd child.

Thanks Bob, you are correct. We have a 6yr old daughter and a 2yr old son, and a baby girl on the way, ya'll pray for me :), but really we're excited, i just need to make sure the wife and kids get the attention they deserve between our busy race schedules.

Lavon

Good deal man, how old do they need to be before you can put them behind the wheel?!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks Bob, you are correct. We have a 6yr old daughter and a 2yr old son, and a baby girl on the way, ya'll pray for me :), but really we're excited, i just need to make sure the wife and kids get the attention they deserve between our busy race schedules.

Lavon

Having personally 5 kids between my wife and I, time management is always a struggle that never gets easier.

Kudos to you for correcting course while you still have time.

When I left Corp America to dedicate my time to raising my now 3yr old and work from home was the best choice ever.

As they say, it's better to work on your business than in your business.

Now to the diesel side of things.....

Where do you see the sport in 3yrs?

Having seen so many advancements these past 3, and light years since Bradenton.

Congrats to you and Kelly on the new addition Brother! Timbeauxthina is a beautiful name. So honored to have her named after me.

AS mentioned, thanks for the update, Lavon and big congrats on the addition to your family. It sounds like your head is on straight both with the business, hobbies and family. Its refreshing. Best of luck in all your endeavors coming up!

Even a billet block/head Cummins is 150lbs heavier then a Big block nitrous engine, and in the gas world a $40k budget gets you a 4000HP engine (its not fair).

Lavon

Don't worry it's not that unfair, a Proline 481X is $66,900 and 4000 hp turbo package another $39,500. Still sad to see the truck go, but as you noted, you've accomplished plenty with it. Tony Rizzi has already said he wants to run 3s in the 1/8 so is that where you're headed? That would be awesome.

JQmile;2688562 Tony Rizzi has already said he wants to run 3s in the 1/8 so is that where you're headed? That would be awesome.[/QUOTE said:
What is Tony's quickest 8th?

4.61 is the fastest Tony's been according to what he said, he races no time/no prep a lot so most times are verbal without time slip evidence. His new truck is going to be lighter and fast, can't wait to see it out in action. Progression is what we're looking for and getting a diesel in the 3s is not easy. I hope to get there in 2020, but until i have a timeslip in hand then its just a goal to chase.

Lavon

Tony Rizzi has already said he wants to run 3s in the 1/8 so is that where you're headed?
He doesn't seem to fair too well or taken very seriously on the Street Outlaw shows. You never have any times to show so who knows how fast he's going. Getting into the 3's would be awesome albeit but a bit lofty expectation in my opinion.

4.61 is the fastest Tony's been according to what he said, he races no time/no prep a lot so most times are verbal without time slip evidence. His new truck is going to be lighter and fast, can't wait to see it out in action. Progression is what we're looking for and getting a diesel in the 3s is not easy. I hope to get there in 2020, but until i have a timeslip in hand then its just a goal to chase.

Lavon

He better get really light if he is gonna knock .60 off............. or find moar power.

Rizzi runs the 30s Chevy with the duramax? Not the blue car with the Wagler DX500 blower car though, right?

Back