Odd AF no start with key, but starts when solenoid is jumped.

Sturgell

So a little back story I have a 2004 6.0 I bought as a parts truck for my little crawly truck. Truck was partially disassembled with bad turbo and a cracked radiator, I had replacements for all the known bad parts so I decided to see if it would run, it won't crank with the key but will bust right off by jumpering the yellow/blue wire to the passenger battery.

Fast forward to now I have a running and driving 4x4 CCLB "parts" truck in really good shape but it won't start with the key. Swapped to a known good ignition switch from my crawly daily driver truck and same symptoms. Pulled relay 307, key in off position 0.0v key in on position has 4.3v to socket for relay post 86 (both same as my other truck) but it is not getting 12v when key is moved to start position.

Green starter wire from ignition switch receives 12v when moved to start position and it makes it to the back of the fuse panel.

Pics of the little crawly truck because I'm sure a few people here would like to see a daily driven 6.0 crawler on coilovers.

Attachments

• 20160328_150914.jpg
    20160328_150914.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 0
Not that I have heard of. Have you looked at the roll over kill switch/fuse, the other name may be fuel shut off.

Back