"Stubby" My 10 second Street/drag truck build

What size wheel and tire is that.

Love seeing this thing stay alive on the forum.

So thinking about swapping in my C&C D80 to suck the wheels in a little more. Thing if I do that I might do a ladder bar setup with coil over. How do I figure out what spring rate to use or start with?

The best thing I've found to do in that situation in the mud truck world is to pick up the phone and call a couple of different manufacturers. They'll obviously want to know the exact weight and what you'll be doing with it

That's the great part about talking to someone who knows what there talking about. You can pick their brains so you understand what you're looking into buying. If you don't like them... click

Guess I'm gong to figure out my own disc brake conversion as none are made. Putting a C&C in to tuck a fat tire better.

IMG_20170123_203229487_zps7wu29ish.jpg

I know you have access to machines. All you need is a custom bracket and weld to axle. Or use the bolt pattern from the backing plate. I do suggest using the dual piston calipers vs. the crappy GM single piston. I've been looking at the toyota 4 piston calipers as well.

I know you have access to machines. All you need is a custom bracket and weld to axle. Or use the bolt pattern from the backing plate. I do suggest using the dual piston calipers vs. the crappy GM single piston. I've been looking at the toyota 4 piston calipers as well.

Plan was 00-02 dodge 3500 rear rotors and calipers. Then inboard mount them. Those are the tallest hat I can find. Finding specs is not easy. Plan on 15x12 wheels with about 5-5.5" offset.

Do you know the backspace or offset on the new wheels.

No I have to get this setup before I can order so I know what offset to get. These are 15x10 with 4.25" offset. They cleared the factory drum by almost 2" I plan on 15x12 with about 0 offset. Still trying to find a rotor with a taller hat.

IMG_20170125_145535301_zpssfbgbbwh.jpg

Last edited:
I converted mine by making my own brackets that bolted to the 4 bolt flange and used rotors and calipers from 2001 dodge 2500 360 truck which was a heavy duty Dana 60.

Finally ordered some parts waiting on calipers but think I'll be able to run a 15x14 wheel and tuck it under the bed now. Those are 15x10 with 4" back spacing.

IMG_20170215_180917504_zpsfanrb7we.jpg

Put a hold on the axle project to get some small stuff done. Got the new shifter in and a new mount built. Have to finish wiring the buttons.

IMG_20170318_173930321_zps0zc2adb5.jpg

Subbed. In the process of doing this exact same build, but with a little more air and a little more fuel. Wanting to be competitive in the 10.99 index.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm already going more air and more fuel. Took a few steps back. Pulled the trans pan to pull VB to do the mod for 2nd gear lockup and pan is full of shavings. Disassembled the "built trans" and it's basically stuck besides a billet anchor and strut otherwise than the billet converter and input. Picked up a can I'm putting in this weekend and a few other goodies.

Back