Lucas vs Diesel Kleen.....

John Robinson

I know there will be a difference of opinions here but i came accross this & wanted to share it. Of corse im always pulling for the Power Service name but this is a good head to head test done by a unbiased consumer. The power service labs have been on a tangent lately testing many of the additives on the market & they are clearly the best diesel additive on the market. The brand "L" in selling a additive that works in Gas or diesel. We all have our own opinions but there`s no way that can work well. The amount of effort & money that ps puts into creating the best additive possible is huge & i wish you guys could someday take a tour of the labs with the metelurgy & testing equipment. It is impressive.

Lucas Oil (upper cylinder lubricant) vs. Diesel Kleen (gray bottle) - YouTube

That's a great documentary! I've been selling PS product for year now, ever since I noticed a substantial fuel mileage increase on a cross country trip. It really is a great product!

I have used PS for years now and I can tell when I forget it bc my truck gets physically louder. That stuff is amazing but it sure does stink to high heaven...

The diesel Kleen stinks to high heaven ..it's has the most Cetane of any product on the market that we know of ...thanks guys for the kind words, next open house they have we will get u guys to the plant & see how it all unfolds from truck to lab to blending then back to lab & then it goes in the bottle ...do some homework sometime & see how many additive companies actually manufacteur their own product , you will be surprised .

don't want to seem un cooth here schrowang but check the cetane of that product & let me know what you find :). I will get you some free product to try next time we meet .

Guess I shouldn't have bought that bottle of howes Friday? What's the general consciences?? Grey bottle power service?

I'm not swinging either way, but I've seen tests saying opti-lube is best. That also happens to be the only additive I've ever noticed. Well, and rev x.

Has anyone else here noticed anything from power service?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I'm not swinging either way, but I've seen tests saying opti-lube is best. That also happens to be the only additive I've ever noticed. Well, and rev x.

Has anyone else here noticed anything from power service?

best at what ? lube, cetane, anti gel ? never herd of optilube but would like to get some & test it .I use rev ex in the oil on 6.0's to free up in injector sticking but not in the fuel.

I'm not a fan of adding more Cetaine, but I do have plenty of friends that tell me that Diesel Kleen is no joke! Most of them are Cummins owners. I have tried RevX, Liquid MPG, Lucas, and right now RBP. Diesel Kleen will be next.

best at what ? lube, cetane, anti gel ? never herd of optilube but would like to get some & test it .I use rev ex in the oil on 6.0's to free up in injector sticking but not in the fuel.

Sorry, for mpg. I'm not able to test its cleaning ability. Last time I was in Michigan, legendary gave me a couple bottles of Rev-x to try and it increased my mpg by 1 mile per gallon (8-9) while towing a truck back to Oklahoma, while using #1, as that was all I could get in Minnesota and North Dakota.

and I've never used any product for its anti gel capabilities, as I never had a tank of #2 freeze on me while I was in North Dakota.

Back