Wheel well tool boxes

mfsuper90

300ft is all I need
Need some storage space for necessary tools in my ‘14. Being a CCSB i can’t spare the extra bed length that a regular toolbox takes up. I’ve been looking at swing cases, but haven’t settled on anything yet.

Anybody else use wheel well boxes?

Just bought a used swing case. I figure it’ll be ok, but I’m not loading it down. Wheel well boxes are expensive, but when you need one, there’s not much choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t planning on loading it down either. Just the basics, but I was hoping for some feedback before I spend that much on a plastic box on a hinge lol

I wasn’t planning on loading it down either. Just the basics, but I was hoping for some feedback before I spend that much on a plastic box on a hinge lol

They're nice, had 2. I recommend keeping the hinges well grease since they tend to tarnish and occasionally stick. Mounting of them in the bed is so so. Definitely make sure they're fully secured to the bed. Both of mine took a dump from their mounts at one point or another with nothing but a turnover ball, straps, tow strap, and diesel kleen.

One suffered a war wound and the lid hinge cracked.

Over all nice concept, do I still have them.... nope, have them to a buddy. Plus he does fiberglass work and fixed the lid section.

Thanks for the replies guys, I don’t know what I’ll do yet, might just do the fold down rear seat mod and see if I can get by with that for now

I never ended up buying one, still on the hunt for a cheap passenger side undercover swing case. Probably not going to pay $190 for a new one, even though I know I’d use it

Back