lets see pics of traction bars

Hey Guys, I am making some traction bars for my truck and I am not sure which way I need to pre load them, adjust them shorter or lengthen them?
Which way do you guys with bars pre load them?

Here are they bars I have had on my truck for the 2007 season, I just got around to painting them. They are 2" square x 3/16 wall tubing. The brackets on the rear axle are 1/4" plate.

Attachments

• DSCN0967 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0967 (Medium).JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 867
  • DSCN0966 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0966 (Medium).JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,418
  • DSCN0978 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0978 (Medium).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 752
DD_16.JPG

DD_06.JPG

DieselDevilBars2.JPG

DieselDevilBars1.JPG

50" from tip to tip, not including the threaded inserts for the top link. I built them and the axle and frame mounts - weld on due to the tube frame. Sch 120 2" tubing and a pair of top links from tractor supply - I know, I know...but I haven't had one single problem with them.

Wes

well, heres what i'm thinking about doing... Using 2" DOM with 1.25" thread Johnny Joints. Think I'll have any problems?

BDP Ladder Bars

Here are the new BDP bars that have recently been installed on my truck. There are front bars that attach to the front of the cradle as well, they just aren't done yet, but you get the picture.

Attachments

• BDP Open House and stuff 004.jpg
    BDP Open House and stuff 004.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 733
  • BDP Open House and stuff 006.jpg
    BDP Open House and stuff 006.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 545
  • BDP Open House and stuff 005.jpg
    BDP Open House and stuff 005.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 472
I just read Jesse's post again (FarmboyFab) and realized he's doing a really crappy job of selling himself. :hehe:

He fabricated the ladder bars in those pics and sells quite a few of them. I know at least a half dozen people running them. Quite a few folks think he has some of the best in the business.....

In the video he posted, the hitch broke but the ladder bars didn't even whimper.

--Snake

Back