high idle switch.

fosterriley

Just wanna go fast
Does anyone know who makes a high idle switch for a 2001 dodge 2500. I know DAP use to make one that's what everyone said on old forums. Went to their website and it looks like it was removed. I couldn't find any recent threads related to it. I'm looking for one that fools the engine coolant and the intake temps.
I know mopar1973man use to sell them but they seem to be out of stock. Are there any other options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can you just have the high idle enabled on the ECM and use the cruise control switches like I used to do on my 2002?

At idle, hit "set" then bump RPM up 100 rpm with each touch of the "accelerate" button.

It's how a person sets the RPM's on a cab-n-chassis for PTO work.

I think you need a DRBIII tool to do it but don't quote me on that.

Can you just have the high idle enabled on the ECM and use the cruise control switches like I used to do on my 2002?

At idle, hit "set" then bump RPM up 100 rpm with each touch of the "accelerate" button.

Sounds pretty neat, if my cruise was working I'd try it!

So I'm having the dealership install 3cylinder high idle and it only engages if the temps are below like 30 for engine 15 for the intake temp. At nights it only gets to like 35-40 so it doesn't engage. That's why I was trying to find a fooler

Cold weather high idle driven by AIT and PTO idle control via cruise buttons are different. Ask them about it. If you get a deer in the headlight look.....drop it because they have no clue. LOL

Once any truck flashed by a smarty should always have high idle engaged. Even after smarty completely removed. Always worked on my 2001.

You can make one with a electric choke actuator for a carb. My friend made one, mounted it to move the bell crank on by apps

You have to have newer software installed from dealer or smarty. We do not have them for sale right now. Mopar1973man was going to make more. Quadzilla Adrenaline has high idle features, but not the 3 cylinder option.

any smarty enables this, I think if we pressure Moparman1973 he will will post up how to make it. sucks that he removed the wright up from his site! I should have saved it.

Kind of interesting he said that the high rpm 6 cylinder will prevent cylinder washing. I was under the impression that was the whole idea behind the 3 cylinder setup.

3 cylinder makes it work more to warm up faster. Prolonged idle at 850rpm +/- allow cycling Temps to drop and cause incomplete combustion leading to cylinder wash down. That's the reason to idle up is to keep cylinder Temps up for a better fuel burn.

Back