Our collection

Looked like something that might interest you.
c5a9758ee6eaf2bb5227dbc103398e05.jpg
93e972b9b4fcf0ee0cd6d5cccda6538c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seems like a lot of tractor if motor isn't junk. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if you already have an extra for it!
d649b6205e97b5d7004d5b917e7bdf53.jpg

I think one would be cool to have, I just don't have enough of a toy budget right now!

Holy hell! That's an awesome, classic, versatile!

Old school meets new school....with that fancy light bar. LOL

470 HP of cummins power. ;)

Last edited:
If they are mechanical transmissions, you can't get crap for parts, and the transmissions have been known to be weak. So, add that to the cost of working on a KTA for most people, and the cost of replacing tires that may be worn, they can get cheap in a hurry.

I can do most all work myself, I can buy tires reasonable or find some used ones, and I can figure out how to retrofit a newer transmission (which I can buy at dealer cost). Most folks, that is a major turn off.

Everyone wants a Steiger Tiger, I prefer the Versatile, mainly because I know how simple they are.

Chris

If they are mechanical transmissions, you can't get crap for parts, and the transmissions have been known to be weak. So, add that to the cost of working on a KTA for most people, and the cost of replacing tires that may be worn, they can get cheap in a hurry.

I can do most all work myself, I can buy tires reasonable or find some used ones, and I can figure out how to retrofit a newer transmission (which I can buy at dealer cost). Most folks, that is a major turn off.

Everyone wants a Steiger Tiger, I prefer the Versatile, mainly because I know how simple they are.

Chris

I would have thought they would have had similar transmission options to the Steiger at that HP level.

I know when the 555 we have junked the trans the parts to repair it were some of the last available and came out of some private owners collection.

I would have thought they would have had similar transmission options to the Steiger at that HP level.

I know when the 555 we have junked the trans the parts to repair it were some of the last available and came out of some private owners collection.

Nope, either a Twin Disc powershift, or a Versatile 8 Speed. Steiger's used Allison Automatics and a big drop box until the very last ones when I think they offered a Twin Disc.

Versatile like to build their own stuff. Other than the 1150 Transmission and most of the 555 Tractor, I don't know of a lot of real issues with the parts they chose or built. Nice thing is you can dang near walk through a Versatile as far as servicing or working on them. Lots of open space.

Chris

Back