Thread: Dana 60 help
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
ramtough01

Name: ramtough01
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Dana 60 help

Friend is having problems with his dana 60 with a spool here was his post in a different area.

Hey all, I'm slowly making my '99 2500 into a puller. I just finished swapping in 4.88 gears and a spool. I went this route because I figured with the CAD, I would still be able to turn just fine.

Now, when I go to engage 4x4, the passenger front will not engage. I pulled the CAD off and the actuator is working correctly. It pulls the fork and collar all the way to the left. I found that when the collar is pulled over, that if it does not engage with the inner axle shaft right away, it actually pushes the shaft in towards the carrier. The inner shaft moves away from the passenger shaft about 1/4-3/8" until the splines bottom out in the carrier and then the collar has no splines to engage in. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen before and/or know what I could do to resolve this.

I would just get rid of the CAD and put in a long passenger side shaft, but I'm concerned about being able to turn the truck. Also other route is to go with a locker and long shaft, but since I already bought this stuff, would like to see if possible to make it work. Thanks in advance for any advice.

With talking to some people could a person drill and tap the axle shaft end with a bolt so that shaft cant slide away like he say does?

Ramtough | Teespring