Diesel Pro's cam strikes again!

ERemington

Turbo Killer
So for the past year Ive got my motor rebuilt by Diesel Pros and around March I had it running. A few leaks here and there from me putting fuel lines on and such but other than that everything was great. The first thing i noticed when i started the truck was how loud the turbo was. At the time i was running a stock turbo. Well, i hooked a boost gauge up and the needle started moving at 1300 RPM! Well took the truck for a spin, and even with a stock turbo it pulled hard! Decided to do a burnout and it ended up being the killer. 600cc's of fuel with a stock turbo....needless to say it didnt survive at 65lbs of boost. :evil

So after 2 more stock turbos I decided to build a twins set. Got a top turbo which was a holset and the id tags and numbers had been removed. Measured the inducer and it was 66mm. 16cm exhaust housing and the exhaust fins had been clipped. For balancing I could guess. So I got a big brother from diesel pros and was starting to build a twins set. Well we decided to put the top turbo on just to see how well it spooled. Got it started today. At 3000 RPM it was at a steady 8lbs of boost. At 4100, it was a steady 15lbs of boost.........in park. Noticed I had a fuel leak coming from an injector hold down nut so I decided to call it quits for right now. Ill make sure I get video tomorrow.

All I can say is this motor freaking rocks. Turbo spools instantly, rev's like there is no tomorrow, and throttle response is one of a kind. I am extremely happy with these results :rockwoot::rockwoot:

So for the past year Ive got my motor rebuilt by Diesel Pros and around March I had it running. A few leaks here and there from me putting fuel lines on and such but other than that everything was great. The first thing i noticed when i started the truck was how loud the turbo was. At the time i was running a stock turbo. Well, i hooked a boost gauge up and the needle started moving at 1300 RPM! Well took the truck for a spin, and even with a stock turbo it pulled hard! Decided to do a burnout and it ended up being the killer. 600cc's of fuel with a stock turbo....needless to say it didnt survive at 65lbs of boost. :evil

So after 2 more stock turbos I decided to build a twins set. Got a top turbo which was a holset and the id tags and numbers had been removed. Measured the inducer and it was 66mm. 16cm exhaust housing and the exhaust fins had been clipped. For balancing I could guess. So I got a big brother from diesel pros and was starting to build a twins set. Well we decided to put the top turbo on just to see how well it spooled. Got it started today. At 3000 RPM it was at a steady 8lbs of boost. At 4100, it was a steady 15lbs of boost.........in park. Noticed I had a fuel leak coming from an injector hold down nut so I decided to call it quits for right now. Ill make sure I get video tomorrow.

All I can say is this motor freaking rocks. Turbo spools instantly, rev's like there is no tomorrow, and throttle response is one of a kind. I am extremely happy with these results :rockwoot::rockwoot:

Maybe you should look at this thread :hehe: Free Rev Boost #'s????

Back