Lucas vs Diesel Kleen.....

I've sworn by xdp's additive for awhile, but i don't think I'm going to continue to, due to the other day I had my fuel partially gel up... It was around 0* for a few days here in pa. The fuel was still sloshing in the tank, but I lost fuel psi. Put in some ps diesel 911 to save the day. Fuel psi came right back, so I think I may go back to ps. I'm highly irate about the xdp polar d gelling up at only around 0*.

I'm not a fan of adding more Cetaine, but I do have plenty of friends that tell me that Diesel Kleen is no joke! Most of them are Cummins owners. I have tried RevX, Liquid MPG, Lucas, and right now RBP. Diesel Kleen will be next.

Why are you not a fan of cetane? Cetane is efficiency which helps with power, fuel economy and less smoke.

The diesel place study we are / were very aware of & without discrediting or getting into an unprofessional pissing match over it we respectfully beg to differ with the findings...Ps labs own several pieces of equipment that test lubricity & they have done their own in house study's . I don't blame them for declining to participate in a forum based " independent" study when they already know what's going on . IM not making any accusations on anyone's work but some of these " independent test" work on the verge of extortion & they have been down that road in the past with some of these study's....Sometimes the company paying the most money into the study wins.

Howes consistently ranks bad in every test I've ever seen. I think thats why it was always 5 bucks for a jug in ND LOL
Keep in mind folks.... cetane in a clear bottle is a no no , cetane will lose potency if exposed to sunlight , serious cetane products will have a fluorine lined bottle .

I've sworn by xdp's additive for awhile, but i don't think I'm going to continue to, due to the other day I had my fuel partially gel up... It was around 0* for a few days here in pa. The fuel was still sloshing in the tank, but I lost fuel psi. Put in some ps diesel 911 to save the day. Fuel psi came right back, so I think I may go back to ps. I'm highly irate about the xdp polar d gelling up at only around 0*.
good to hear...be sure & use the white power service for the anti gel seasons. the silver bottle has No antigel at all . the 911 isnt really meant to run all the time, it's solely to get you off the side of the road.

Why are you not a fan of cetane? Cetane is efficiency which helps with power, fuel economy and less smoke.

I'm not a fan of "adding more Cetaine." If I am only upping the points by a small margin then thats fine. All we are doing is creating more heat. If my truck was a performance truck and ready to be tuned for more cetaine then that will be the direction. My truck is not a 1/4 mile track burner nor a competition tow. It is being built for fuel economy. and right now it sets at 24mpgs highway and 17mpgs city. Those numbers are helped with the use of either Prolong, Lucas and for some weird reason RBP. Xtremem and the others made the truck sound good but there was no help in fuel economy. Here is the link to my results on fully.com I'm getting better at documenting my work.

Straight diesel will not get the numbers for my truck.

I'm not a fan of "adding more Cetaine." If I am only upping the points by a small margin then thats fine. All we are doing is creating more heat. If my truck was a performance truck and ready to be tuned for more cetaine then that will be the direction. My truck is not a 1/4 mile track burner nor a competition tow. It is being built for fuel economy. and right now it sets at 24mpgs highway and 17mpgs city. Those numbers are helped with the use of either Prolong, Lucas and for some weird reason RBP. Xtremem and the others made the truck sound good but there was no help in fuel economy. Here is the link to my results on fully.com I'm getting better at documenting my work.

Straight diesel will not get the numbers for my truck.

I use 1 gallon of biodiesel each time I fill up. It is said to be the best pump lubricant additive. I've tried running higher cetane fuel(shell racing diesel) and actually lost power. Whatever makes you feel better.

For an application such as yours Ron, I would expect the best performance to come from tuning around the race fuel. You can't just dump race gas in a gasser and expect more power without tuning/building for it. But I know who I'm talking to hear. LOL

I use 1 gallon of biodiesel each time I fill up. It is said to be the best pump lubricant additive. I've tried running higher cetane fuel(shell racing diesel) and actually lost power. Whatever makes you feel better.

I brew my own bio-diesel too. I see fuel economy loss with bio, but my truck sure sounds and acts different. I like it, I just don't have an economical way of brewing and cleaning the bio-diesel.

I brew my own bio-diesel too. I see fuel economy loss with bio, but my truck sure sounds and acts different. I like it, I just don't have an economical way of brewing and cleaning the bio-diesel.

Have you checked out the dry wash systems?

I honestly don't run additive for fuel mileage. My truck gets 13 mpg no matter what.

I run PS for lubrication of the very expensive fuel system, and to keep stuff clean. I don't buy that horsechit about the ULSD not being any worse for old-school fuel systems...never have.

I've got 100 gal or so of WVO I'd like to get rid of if you have any use for it.

I've tried lots of additives and found no differences in milage or power. The stations I get fuel from has only bio mix diesel. My brother in law checks his milage every tank with a truck that just gets driven emty back and forth to work. He said the bio mix always gets 1.5 to 2 mpg less than straight diesel.

I've tried lots of additives and found no differences in milage or power. The stations I get fuel from has only bio mix diesel. My brother in law checks his milage every tank with a truck that just gets driven emty back and forth to work. He said the bio mix always gets 1.5 to 2 mpg less than straight diesel.

I don't get that. A friend of mine usually runs straight #2. When he came through IL to IN, along the same route as me, he got 1.5-2mpg BETTER with the 10% bio mix IL requires. Both 5spd 4x4 4.10 equiped 1st Gens I've had have gotten 20mpg or better running a steady 55-65mph on 500 mile trips.

Last edited:
Back