Toying with the idea of a 1992 ramcharger build

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I may pick up another 2nd gen 12v and use everything off of it or after I take the single cab in my sig to the track this summer I may strip it down this coming winter and build a rig that fits 5 people.

I wasn’t sure if I should post this in the 1st gen or 2nd gen forum. Being that the ramchargers are similar to a first gen I posted here.

What are the main issues with swapping a 12v into a ram charger ?

I built one years ago.
I had neither women problems, nor an issue with "bad ass-ness". :)

However, there was an issue with radiator shroud clearance, since the engine sits higher at the front in an RC.

Mark.

Ill be interested in seeing what it takes, i have a 84 4wd scsb prospector that ill be swapping for someone so ill be finding out sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my techs is currently in process of building one. If you have any questions, we are happy to help. He hasnt ran into much I dont believe, but I want to say the trans mount had to be modified to accept a 47rh. and the radiator will be a custom one.

As far as power goes I’m thinking 600 or 700 on a larger single with a small n02 kit that I haven’t installed yet.

I wonder if boxing the frame would be needed ? I do launch my 95 single cab in 4hi at 20+ psi

One impression I'll share, having done one:

As a 4x4, they are very, very nose heavy.

I ditched mine twice on county roads, at under 50 mph, both times.
First I was on the road, next thing I knew, I wasn't.

No ass under them at all and the short wheel base was also a factor.

Mark.

I bet they are nose heavy with a 12v up front. My first rig in high school was a 2wd rc. At least it had a limited slip.

A decade ago I built a dart headed 383 and it was in my 89 short bed s10. That was always an exciting ride to work during the winter here in AK.

Right now I’m commuting to work in a 90’ mustang gt with crappy tires while my 95’ 12v is parked. Daily drifting.

I have access to a free ram charger and kind of miss the one I had in high school. Though it might be fun having an 11 second rc

I bet they are nose heavy with a 12v up front. My first rig in high school was a 2wd rc. At least it had a limited slip.

A decade ago I built a dart headed 383 and it was in my 89 short bed s10. That was always an exciting ride to work during the winter here in AK.

Right now I’m commuting to work in a 90’ mustang gt with crappy tires while my 95’ 12v is parked. Daily drifting.

I have access to a free ram charger and kind of miss the one I had in high school. Though it might be fun having an 11 second rc

My buddy Harvey Grant's may be for sale as a roller depending on what you want. It's been 9.70s with a Cummins so it's proven. 1.4 60ft.

Back