Fog lights on my 08 Dodge

cerickson

fullpull108
My truck didn't have factory fog lights. I am wanting to add factory style fog lights to it. How hard is it to do it? Is it basically just replacing the light switch in the dash, or is there more to it? Haven't look over the truck to hard to see if it's already got the wiring harness for the lamps down along the frame. Has anybody else done this? Is it pretty cut and dry? Thanks in advance.

When I added fog lights to my 05, it was a completely independent wiring harness, relay, and switch.

I tied the power wire into my park light circuit so I can have high beams and fog lights illuminated.

Bought the entire kit from Dodge, not a hard job. Takes 3-4 hours if you're anal about wire routes. 1-2 hrs if you don't care.

My 07.5 didn't have fogs either but was pre-wired for it.
Purchased the new in cab switch with fog option. Ordered the fog lamps with their harness. Plugged the new harness into the electrical plug already ran under my driver side lamp.
Took truck to dealer to flash it for fog option

Need to have dealer flash it in. Anything added to the truck will require this. But the truck should be wired for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I will have to check the wife's 06. Her fog lights work with the high beams. Been that way since we bought the truck. Would there be a difference from her 06 to my 08?

Back