He351cw swap

Marcus2000

Looking for input advice and comments on this. Looking to swap my hx35 for a He351cw. Also in need of a parts list. Thanks:charger:

Charge pipe from stainless diesel, downpipe flange that goes directly to the exhaust housing, not the cast elbow, from Keating machine. That's if you already have a good 4"downpipe, otherwise a complete downpipe. Think that's all I needed to install it. May need a different oil drain, I had a couple to choose from, only one worked not sure which was from what though. I used a mechanical spring wastegates setup from savage fabrication as well. Think the only other things I had to do was pull the turbo apart to clock it correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I’m about to do this same thing after Christmas.
Not trying to derail OPs thread, but is there a charge pipe out there to where you don’t have to reclock the compressor housing?

On a he351 you have to pull the compressor housing to remove a pin that lines the compressor housing up with the center cartridge. Once it's removed you turn it to the desired position and tighten clamp. The turbine housing has the same locating pin that must be removed. Make sure to keep the oil drain vertical for proper draining.

Charge pipe from stainless diesel, downpipe flange that goes directly to the exhaust housing, not the cast elbow, from Keating machine. That's if you already have a good 4"downpipe, otherwise a complete downpipe. Think that's all I needed to install it. May need a different oil drain, I had a couple to choose from, only one worked not sure which was from what though.

I did the same except for the drain pipe. I heated mine and tweaked it just enough to work.

Not much to it. I figured how much it needed to move, clamped it in a vice, heated it up where it needed to be bent with a propane torch, put a pipe over the end, and bent it to where it needed to be.

Back