2.5 Diesel Class for 2015 ????

Dude, the single CP3 rule makes the common rail guys spend $3k to keep up with the P-pump guys, this has been hashed out forever. It makes no sense.
Total azz casam on my part lol. I agree 100% I said this for years. Why limit fuel when you are already limiting air! It was a poke at some old rules many moons ago when 2.5 first started way back when you and I pulled against each other lol.

Total azz casam on my part lol. I agree 100% I said this for years. Why limit fuel when you are already limiting air! It was a poke at some old rules many moons ago when 2.5 first started way back when you and I pulled against each other lol.

No problem, mang!

I agree the rules are different than most sanctioning bodies, however this class is being ruled around roughly 800ish HP. It should be a fun class with a lot of turbo rules restrictions and pictures so theres no confusion. the 8500 lb weigh in is for the newer duallys so they can pull without stripping down. No zz fab indivavidual runners no after market heads or blocks must be oem heads and blocks. this should be a fun class as long as the rules are not strayed to far away from what was talked about the other night.

There was no intention to have a class like yours at ~1000hp. The intention was be be down several hundred HP from that. so how about being fine with this?
Thats great and im cool with whatever you do, don't plan on pullin with you. I too don't want your class to be like the one I run but you really need to spend a lot of time with the turbo rule wording. Make it a page long if you would. Ink is cheap, turbos aren't. And im not dreaming BS because before you know it, it will happen. I been around too long and seen it too any Times. Bought several chargers to keep pulling. I like letting dullies in but tires needs to be of stock size or limited in such a way you describe.

Last edited:
No hood stacks. We didn't discuss fuel cells.

On edit: current draft wording is OEM tank in normal location or fuel cell in bed.

Last edited:
Thats great and im cool with whatever you do, don't plan on pullin with you. I too don't want your class to be like the one I run but you really need to spend a lot of time with the turbo rule wording. Make it a page long if you would. Ink is cheap, turbos aren't. And im not dreaming BS because before you know it, it will happen. I been around too long and seen it too any Times. Bought several chargers to keep pulling. I like letting dullies in but tires needs to be of stock size or limited in such a way you describe.

10-4 man, I hear ya, sorry if I sounded ornery.

I agree the rules are different than most sanctioning bodies, however this class is being ruled around roughly 800ish HP. It should be a fun class with a lot of turbo rules restrictions and pictures so theres no confusion. the 8500 lb weigh in is for the newer duallys so they can pull without stripping down. No zz fab indivavidual runners no after market heads or blocks must be oem heads and blocks. this should be a fun class as long as the rules are not strayed to far away from what was talked about the other night.

Correct on OEM blocks and heads. I can't recall at the moment how the wording wound up on the intakes but within the next week I think we'll get most of all this clarified.

Hopefully if we do a good job, we have a class that should be good to watch and not cause too much carnage like we see in 2.6.

COTPC is crazy already and yeah it takes more than 800 hp to run with them boys. So its just turning into who has the most money, best 2.5 charger out there = $$$$$$

Correct on OEM blocks and heads.

Is this going to be added to the current rules posted on the website? I see nothing about oem heads unless i misread (which is highly possible).

Max ground contact patch of 18” Per Side for Trucks running dual wheels. This will be a big argument between competitors. I think this needs reworded/changed.

Seen many different sets of rules with duff wording already on this 2.5 class. One thing gets made clear while other stuff gets changed for the worst for no reason. Starting to look like 2.6 May be a better move for me.

Starting to look like 2.6 May be a better move for me.

bad idea IMO. 2.6 is a lot of broken parts. 2.5 no matter how butchered the rules become air/air CAC keeps trucks together. If I ever leave 2.5 I'll go 3.0. I did 2.6 for a few years and realized it is just stupid to stay, the expense to compete and repairs make it zero fun. Only good thing is the amount of pulls to attend in 2.6 is significantly greater. As long as cotpc keeps 2.5 I'm staying put.

Seen many different sets of rules with duff wording already on this 2.5 class. One thing gets made clear while other stuff gets changed for the worst for no reason. Starting to look like 2.6 May be a better move for me.

I was worried the class would do that. What did you see that's not right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to make rules somewhat close to other 2.5 classes that WORK that are out there. That way people can run more places than just with them. They keep makin things like smooth bore or stock appearing or not being clear on what frame and foot.
IMHO
The turbo rule should read as they want .150 mwe
T4 s400 or smaller. 2.5 bore both before and after the mwe. No clipped wheels. No forward facing mwe unless stock unaltered like lbz Dmax. Will be measured with a 2.55 plug and mwe measured with dangle ball at .150. A stock unaltered turbo will be ok. 6.4 fords can use the stock turbo arrangement as long as it's unaltered from factory size

This makes it very cut and dry no bs

Last edited:
Back