Are big singles the future?

"Good" and "Big" are subjective as can be. Define what you consider to be "good results" and "big single".

My definition of good doesn't associate at all with big single and stock fuel.

Sorry about that, what i'm meaning is that i've seen people run a s475 single with stock fuel making around 550-600 HP and making the bottom end last a "little" longer lol. I wouldn't be totally upset if i do put a s475 on my truck and scatter the engine, due to that would give me an excuse to tell the wife why I need to build it :woohoo:

Things change a bit with better flowing heads and manifolds. I'm guessing that's had something to do with it.

Why in the fawk would you put a 475 on with half the fuel it can use? Is this duramax standard practice? LOL

A Stock lb7 turbo can about make 550rwhp, why would you use a 475 to make the same hp and have a ton of lag?

Planning for the future, At some point will be upgrading the fueling system on the truck. I will be building the transmission first before I do anything with the turbo so would like to know if im gonna go with compounds or a big single for the converter. The truck is a budget build and I don't have 15k just to throw at it for fueling and air upgrades at one time.

Back