Building a 2001 DoDge Puller: Need Suggestions

TheDieselShop

We are planning on running the work stock class(2.5). We have a 2001 Dodge 2500 Reg. Cab Longbox with 185k miles on it. That"s gonna be the donor truck for this project. We are looking for some input on the turbo situation, fuel situation, cam situation, injectors, and tune set-up. So far, the plan is to run a fleece 63mm fmw hx35, hamilton 194/220 cam, hamilton 103 valve springs, Fass Titanium 220gph, and Quadzilla Adrenaline. This plan is tentative. Input on this situation would be greatfully appreciated.:rockwoot:

My first suggestion would be to look at the 2.5 turbos I have for sale in the general diesel for sale section lol. Ok so maybe I'm trying to sell my parts but I know either one of them would run much harder than the turbo you mentioned above and are probably much cheaper.

Do you have any rules for your class that you can post? It will help you get better suggestions.

That turbo won't hold up to pulling if you ask me.
Also, a vp truck in 2.5 is gonna get beat on so bad it won't even be talked about.
As it was stated, we'll need to know some more info to whether it's 2.5 or WS.

Save your self time money and go p7100 the Vp will fight you the whole way ..a good 180 hp pump with mods will make have plenty of fuel for work stock

Second on the P pump, probably be money ahead in the long run. Also is it going to be strictly for pulling or going to drive it on the road?

13mm ppump should be the only consideration for an injection pump. Vp will not carry the rpm you want imo.

Work Stock Diesel
The Work Stock Class is designed for daily-driven, on the road pickup trucks (full-bodied diesel pickup trucks) Valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory. The vehicle may be two or four wheel drive.

Weight Breaks: 8500 lbs. Weight is with driver.

Engine: The engine is limited to a stock-appearing, compression ignition engine. Engines of different makes may be interchanged as long as they were an option on a one-ton or less truck. The injection pump and turbo must remain engine make specific as described in the rules.

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine model-specific pump only. The use of multiple high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps is prohibited. Powerstroke engines with a single factory turbo may utilize a second HPOP. Pumps from different years in the same engine model may be interchanged.

Turbocharger: The turbocharger is limited to a single stock, OEM/Factory make-specific charger only. Turbochargers from different years in the same engine make may be interchanged, no adapters to accept other model turbo. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration. Modifications to the stock compressor housing, compressor wheel, exhaust housing, or exhaust wheel are prohibited. Any cutting, notching or etc. of the turbo wheels/blades will result in a disqualification. Turbo housing must be unaltered OEM/Factory with no provision made for extra air flow and/or machining to allow larger turbo wheel in the housing. No bushing of the inducer is permitted.

We are planning on running the work stock class(2.5). We have a 2001 Dodge 2500 Reg. Cab Longbox with 185k miles on it. That"s gonna be the donor truck for this project. We are looking for some input on the turbo situation, fuel situation, cam situation, injectors, and tune set-up. So far, the plan is to run a fleece 63mm fmw hx35, hamilton 194/220 cam, hamilton 103 valve springs, Fass Titanium 220gph, and Quadzilla Adrenaline. This plan is tentative. Input on this situation would be greatfully appreciated.:rockwoot:

Hey, I know that truck!

I live off of 530th street right down from your shop.
Let me know if you need a hand.

Work Stock Diesel
The Work Stock Class is designed for daily-driven, on the road pickup trucks (full-bodied diesel pickup trucks) Valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory. The vehicle may be two or four wheel drive.

Weight Breaks: 8500 lbs. Weight is with driver.

Engine: The engine is limited to a stock-appearing, compression ignition engine. Engines of different makes may be interchanged as long as they were an option on a one-ton or less truck. The injection pump and turbo must remain engine make specific as described in the rules.

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine model-specific pump only. The use of multiple high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps is prohibited. Powerstroke engines with a single factory turbo may utilize a second HPOP. Pumps from different years in the same engine model may be interchanged.

Turbocharger: The turbocharger is limited to a single stock, OEM/Factory make-specific charger only. Turbochargers from different years in the same engine make may be interchanged, no adapters to accept other model turbo. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration. Modifications to the stock compressor housing, compressor wheel, exhaust housing, or exhaust wheel are prohibited. Any cutting, notching or etc. of the turbo wheels/blades will result in a disqualification. Turbo housing must be unaltered OEM/Factory with no provision made for extra air flow and/or machining to allow larger turbo wheel in the housing. No bushing of the inducer is permitted.

Those rules are out of date for Heartland truck pullers! I was at the meeting in February any they are changing turbo rule to stock appearing. I'm not sure why they haven't been updated yet!

Back