View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #16
aka_chewy

Name: aka_chewy
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycowboy View Post
That's the reason behind my post. I'm trying to show the "Top Brass" why 1 type of marketing/advertising in this industry will not fly. I want them to see what a true demographic is. Obviously we're in it to make money, it is business after all. We cannot pinpoint to one type of market because we do need the younger generations sales as well as older, and competition vehicles. I have also suggested to include a disclaimer in our exhaust system instructions regarding the danger of "rolling coal" on road ways, and saving it for appropriate events. I do agree with you on the Google search though. I've been on them for that for years.
I gotcha.

The reason I brought up the different demographics was just to show the difference in what they might look at. Obviously you want as many people to spend money as possible, just covering all those groups is a challange....as you've pointed out here.

Have you ever written a business plan before? Think the 'top brass' has? While they can be tedious to do, it's a great tool to get down to the basics of your business and how to address the different markets.

Not sure if it would matter to them or not, but might be a good way to add info to the data being collected from one of your target markets. Maybe will help them see what worked 15 years ago isn't working now.

Good luck with the endeavor...sounds like you have your hands full