View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #1
Chowderhead72

Name: Chowderhead72
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Looking for ideas....

My truck (2005 ram 2500, 5.9, g56) has been out of commission for the last 3 months due to a g56 failure and very busy mechanic.

I went to start it up today to move it into the shop. Batteries dead; installed a functional battery. Now it cranks but the fuel pump doesn’t come on, the fuel level gauge, and the volts gauge don’t come on. All of the rest of the dash board lights come on, the truck cranks strong but with no fuel it won’t start; obviously. We have checked all of the fuses and they all test good. Also looked at all of the relays and all of them look clean (through the clear windows) any thoughts? Ignition switch? Fuel pump harness?

Still has stock in tank pump that it left Mexico with. Would a failed fca do this? It started fine last month and ran for 60 seconds, then the odometer glitched a little and it shut off and wouldn’t restart. I chocked up to a weak alternator last moth and draining off the little bit charge on the batteries. I haven’t tried to pull codes yet but that will be tomorrow’s mission.
05.5 2500 slt 4x4 QCsb g56 sx362/476 twins, Smarty S06 TNT, Spec ST Dual Disk, Diprocol fuel, pyro,boost, BDS long arm 6 inch, 37" Toyo MT's, Srt-10 hood, Amp steps, 8.5 Steering upgrade, Carli Low Damper, BD Steering Brace