Nv273 swap with borg 44-46

slownoma

Dimensions look the same. Wiring not so much. Has anyone swapped the two? I picked it up thinking i could give it a shot. Then posted it for sale figuring id rebuild my 273...

Any input would be great! Or any wiring diagrams that i could reference would help a ton!

Thanks in advance!

They bolt right up no issues. i temporarily installed one till we could find a borg. This was on a 12. Dont know if the dimensions are exact but no drive shaft mods are needed.

Myself i wouldn't run a borg on purpose. i also hear there is an electronic clutch pack in the borg if it loses power u lose ypur choice to drive. I dont know haven't been in one.

What is wrong with your 273. If its only the chain skipping. Its very easy to install a nee chain for $100 or so and a cpl hrs.

Turns out i have a 273d. That needs a new home. Low mile unit.

Last edited:
This is the second chain thats skipped. The first had unknown miles so i took the case out and rebuilt it. Worked great for a month or so and used it the other day when we got snow amd skipped again. I did new chain, bearings, and seals. Cleaned the pickup but didnt do a new pump. Im thinking the pump may have caused the issue again?

Shoot me a text on the one you have.

Sometimes new cogs are also required in a rebuild.

Mark.

I visually checked the cogs last time and they looked great. Like i said earlier when i did the rebuild it worked very well for a month or so. I wonder if the problem was not replacing the pump in the case.

Mark, do you have a use for this one? Or possible trade on a 273?

I don't have a need, but a spare one around wouldn't bother me, since I have none on hand. 4th gen t-cases don't land here very often and what has, turned out to be destroyed.

However, I don't have any NV273s, much less a good one.

Mark.

I don't have a need, but a spare one around wouldn't bother me, since I have none on hand. 4th gen t-cases don't land here very often and what has, turned out to be destroyed.

Mark.

Ok, just thought id ask.

Thank you

Transfer case

Mark.

Mark, can you get me in touch with the fella you said did the swap? I sent you a p.m.

Good info, I wonder how hard the wiring is to adapt, my 12 has a borg unit that vibrates pretty bad and a used unit is more than my wife leaves in the account. the nv273 seems easier and cheaper to find.

Good info, I wonder how hard the wiring is to adapt, my 12 has a borg unit that vibrates pretty bad and a used unit is more than my wife leaves in the account. the nv273 seems easier and cheaper to find.

I have a 273 you can experiment with. Low miles. All you gotta do is buy it lol.

Back