Diesel MotorSports 2014 Sled Pulling Rules

Nice to see that they've adopted the same horrible wording on the 2.6 turbo as PPL. Way to go, guys. Copy stupid and make more stupid.

Lots of changes in 2.6....

Jeff I'm going to start racing, seems much more cut and dry than sled pulling anymore.
Step 1 Put helmet on
Step 2 Mash skinny pedal at green light
Step 3 When trees are approaching rapidly apply wide pedal hard.
Step 4 Repeat
Step 5 Have a cold brew.

Jeff I'm going to start racing, seems much more cut and dry than sled pulling anymore.
Step 1 Put helmet on
Step 2 Mash skinny pedal at green light
Step 3 When trees are approaching rapidly apply wide pedal hard.

Step 3.5 Turn Left *if your at the local tarmac here(Island)

Step 4 Repeat
Step 5 Have a cold brew.

:hehe: There's things like wheel spin that would react differently in racing than if you was hooked to a sled.

What specifically is this "grey area" ?

Last edited:
Gene doesn't give a rat's about rules.

Very disappointed.
So you need more clarity on the 2.6 Turbo ruling that references the MWE groove? Suspension 2.6 class?

I can only cast out the line, but a hook without bait usually doesn't work too well. :hehe:

Just an update, I spoke with John at PPL yesterday and confirmed that all the factory rear suspension can be removed. Rear end can be welded solid (no requirement to make it bolt in at one end). He said they are going to issue an updated rulebook and update the site to reflect this as well.

Hope this helps

Next some clarity on cheater turbos and placement of the MWE groove ?

We on the right track here ?

2.6 - Turbocharger: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than 1/4 inch. MWE groove must be inside neck area where intake cover is measured @ 2.6.All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo configuration.

:pop:seems pretty clear to me.

The conversation I had and understanding was that they were going to basically adopt the 3.0 rules but with a 2.6 charger.

I know a few of the associations in MO are now allowing open rear end rule. Still OEM transfer and transmission but allowing bigger rear ends to keep down on the ring and pinion failures. I know in other places people are against opening up the rear end but I would say 2.6 is the "pro street" class if you were to compare it to the gas classes. Around here they are still required to run OEM transmission and transfer but do allow the larger than 1 ton rear ends. This is just my opinion. 2.6 is not a street class anymore......

Back