Bed liner for lower stripe?

kawi600

got Coal for Christmas
Anyone done thick bedliner on just the lower stripe of paint on the truck, and what did you do for the seam to make it look decent?
Been thinking about painting the whole lower area up over where the door trim sits since idjits keep dinging it up with their damn doors anyway.
I could pay a shop to do it, but since its a custom job its gonna cost. Dont want to use a crappy product either.

I think prep is key more so than product.

I plan on doing my lower 3rd in bed liner as I drive quite a few gravel roads.

As previously stated prep is 99% of it, you have to get it down to bare clean metal. If you don't it will not stick. Also put oil on your tape so the liner does not stick, keeps the liner from coming up with the tape.

Never spill clear coat down your front. just about as bad, basically glues stuff together. Like syrup in a bush.

Check into Transtar Tex Coat Chip Guard. I had it on old 3rd gen and it held up well. It is also on the new to me 3rd gen. It cleans up well with a brush and some tire shine. It would be much easier to remove than a bed liner if you ever needed to do so. It's also easy to touch up if a lot of rocks tear it up. I think the guys that did mine just scuffed the paint if I remember correctly.

Back