2018 w/ just trans tunining

lightsOUT

I’ll be taking delivery of my new 2018 Mega with a 68rfe. I’m hope I like it because I hear tons of horror stories. It’s hard to walk away from my stick shift diesels but I’m just getting tired of shifting.

I hear how so many people like their 68rfe’s better once they’re turned. This is always in conjunction with engine tuning. My question is, is it possible to tune just the trans all while leaving the engine stock?

Not without unlocking the ecm. you could essentially flash a stock engine file in. But the CME Platform is a single controller for Engine and trans.

Either way you're voiding warranty. Might as well delete it.... EZ Lynk is the latest and greatest and is awesome!

For people where emissions testing is bi-annual or even annual (some counties in California) there is good reason to just leave emissions intact. Especially with how good def/dpf trucks are doing with mpg & power lately. Emissions friendly tuning is only inevitable

I'm at 90k on my '13 and the warranty did come in handy to replace the VGT 5k miles ago. Dealer said out of warranty would have been $5200. However, the only CELs other than that have been emissions issues.

It's getting emissions present tuning next month.

I'm at 90k on my '13 and the warranty did come in handy to replace the VGT 5k miles ago. Dealer said out of warranty would have been $5200. However, the only CELs other than that have been emissions issues.

And that is a ridiculous price to replace a turbo.

And that is a ridiculous price to replace a turbo.

Hahaha yup, last one I did was $2500 for parts, labor, and egr delete install.

I’ll be taking delivery of my new 2018 Mega with a 68rfe. I’m hope I like it because I hear tons of horror stories. It’s hard to walk away from my stick shift diesels but I’m just getting tired of shifting.

I hear how so many people like their 68rfe’s better once they’re turned. This is always in conjunction with engine tuning. My question is, is it possible to tune just the trans all while leaving the engine stock?

Yes, use a stock engine calibration with a modified trans cal. You're best off to use a BD 68 Protect kit to do any trans tuning. Using their kit will permit increased line pressure. A basic 68 tune is to bump the line pressure and leave the LR sprag engaged during the 1-2 shift.

Back