where did the ford guys go?

7.3soot

ford expert
its been a few years since i have been on the forums no offense but since i have reemerged it seems to be over run by dodge guys, where did all the ford people go to?

Not...

We are still here but have Destroked our old Iron

I am not a power stroke guy mainly because I have never worked on one. Until now I work part time at a repair shop that specilizes in 6.0 and they are not as bad as I thought.

I'd rather have a 6.0 than a common fail any day. Yes, I just said that

Agreed, my old man has a 6.oh. I love that truck, its got to be the most trouble free 6.oh ever. Rides great, tows great, and good mpgs.

Lol I know right let me get some of what these guys are smoking the first step to recovery is admitting your wrong lol

Where do you guys get your unicorn feed?

How many common rails have you owned? I've owned eight. They're piles of ****. Everybody cries about having to spend $4k on a 6.0 to make it reliable. You have to spend more than that on a common rail, but you're still driving a pile of ****... Doesn't add up

How many common rails have you owned? I've owned eight. They're piles of ****. Everybody cries about having to spend $4k on a 6.0 to make it reliable. You have to spend more than that on a common rail, but you're still driving a pile of ****... Doesn't add up

I wont argue with that. I LOVE the Cummins and its the only thing Ill personally drive however there is a reason why I stay so busy with no advertising....7 or 8 CR's here right now for engine rebuilds. Ive even rebuilt over 15 this year for dealers alone.

I never had a fuel side issue with any of mine, but I still had to put $5k into a "decent"transmission. And I was still sitting on uncomfortable seats, feeling crappy AC, and waiting for my ball joints, ECM, and TIPM to **** the bed on me.

I drank that koolaid for years. No more, thank you.

Only Dodge worth owning is a 2nd gen 12v

That pretty well sums it up for me. I buy 'em because you can pick them up cheap for that very reason. We bought a 2005 F350 dually WITH a 2009 30' double axle dovetail gooseneck for $17k. Truck only had about 100k on it. Bought it and made our money back within a few months hauling with it (oversize loads @ about 32k lbs). Thing tows awesome! Then it started puking so we bought a lift for $4k and studded it. It's been perfect ever since and now we have a lift that we also made our money back on in a short period of time. Now I can buy them cheap all day long and do the fixes ourselves. Including mine since it finally started puking a little this past week. LOL

f4d316e2.jpg

I love my cr It's got about a 135k on it and not a single problem . Been running the smarty on level 7 with a silver 62 for almost 2 years now

How many common rails have you owned?

I've never owned a CR of a Ford, but I have collected thousands of dollars for repairs on both and I can tell you there has been a LOT more money spent repairing Ford's than Dodge's. That said, there is a reason I drive a 12V Dodge, and I'll agree the Ford interior is superior.

I've never owned a CR of a Ford, but I have collected thousands of dollars for repairs on both and I can tell you there has been a LOT more money spent repairing Ford's than Dodge's. That said, there is a reason I drive a 12V Dodge, and I'll agree the Ford interior is superior.

This.

I probably fix 2-3 fords a week, the occasional dmax and a few dodges. 6.0 price tag is about what a good 48re runs...

I think the leaf spring fords ride like crap, but I secretly await my chance to steal a 6.4 or 6.0 coil spring truck from someone who's had "enough" so I can put a 12v in it for myself. The Fords are nicer trucks, but unless it's a deleted 6.4, you can keep the Ford powertrain - I'll pass.

Weird.

But since it's still open:

That pretty well sums it up for me. I buy 'em because you can pick them up cheap for that very reason. We bought a 2005 F350 dually WITH a 2009 30' double axle dovetail gooseneck for $17k. Truck only had about 100k on it. Bought it and made our money back within a few months hauling with it (oversize loads @ about 32k lbs). Thing tows awesome! Then it started puking so we bought a lift for $4k and studded it. It's been perfect ever since and now we have a lift that we also made our money back on in a short period of time. Now I can buy them cheap all day long and do the fixes ourselves. Including mine since it finally started puking a little this past week. LOL.

I picked up another one (F350 Dually Crewcab XLT) for $1k with a blown oil cooler. Put about $4k into it and now it runs like a champ. PL/PW/PM, etc... Not a single issue so far and I have towed some fairly heavy loads with it. Using it as my daily now.

72CF6138-A676-42C3-A6B1-04C8A77692D9_zpszwyytm6v.jpg

Weird.

But since it's still open:

I picked up another one (F350 Dually Crewcab XLT) for $1k with a blown oil cooler. Put about $4k into it and now it runs like a champ. PL/PW/PM, etc... Not a single issue so far and I have towed some fairly heavy loads with it. Using it as my daily now.

72CF6138-A676-42C3-A6B1-04C8A77692D9_zpszwyytm6v.jpg

Oh, there's an issue with that truck Danny. It's just not mechanical.

Back