John Deere Engine in a Ford Truck

Just ignorant of some of this stuff so bear with me....... Why does the SCS through off the accuracy on the rollers?

I'm look for about 700-800 out of my DT466, and if your spicer is holding up well to power in that range, I may not be needing that Eaton Fuller TX14607b 7 speed after all.

Heath

Heath, the SCS that I have is an older one and its gear ratio is 2:1 only, not changeable, so if i dyno'd it, it would be like running low range, not a good idea, it could be done, but it wouldn't ever be close to accurate.. as for the transmission, if you have ever seen a NV4500 dodge compared to a Spicer CM5552A you'd think the NV belonged in a Chevete... I really don't foreshadow seeing the Spicer breaking, but you never know

HMM, Nope I dont remember either one of those trucks. The dodge maybe? But I would remember that Ford for sure if I saw it pull. I plan on focusing a little more on pulling this year and a little less on the 1/4 so I would assume I will run into a few more guy's (& Gal's) this year. I have a couple more video's of The John Deer ford from last year I will see If I can find. :Cheer:

Heath, the SCS that I have is an older one and its gear ratio is 2:1 only, not changeable, so if i dyno'd it, it would be like running low range, not a good idea, it could be done, but it wouldn't ever be close to accurate.. as for the transmission, if you have ever seen a NV4500 dodge compared to a Spicer CM5552A you'd think the NV belonged in a Chevete... I really don't foreshadow seeing the Spicer breaking, but you never know

I gottcha. The low range won't let the you really put a load on the 466 to get a real reading.

I was hoping to stay away from a really heavy tranny like the eaton fuller (575+lbs.). I'm looking at a Spicer 6+1 (overdrive) as I'd like to keep it as light as possible with 1500 lbs of engine sitting under the hood.

Heath

I'm with heath here we are trying to do the same build nice to hear the info from someone that has already done it also. you all are a great help also have gotten alot of help from smokin binder. i appreciate you alls insite and ideas.

im using a Spicer CM5552A medium duty with a SAE 2 bellhousing, its a 5 speed, direct drive, 1-3/4" input shaft. Its a pretty girthy unit. All cast iron, and heavy.

Back