Just bought a 200

If you are looking for bolt on go-fast parts, IH or JD are really the only thing you can buy. Perferably stay with something red ;)

A 1066 or 1466 puts you around the 10k pound class. 1066 will be better suited for a 10k pound class. Also you can bolt in a DT466 with a inline pump on it, then your ready to go!
1466 would be a touch heavy for a 10k class, IMO

Let us know what you find!

Heck some green tractors you can't get bolt on parts......dam 3010.

I agree with what he said, 1066 will be right in that 10k lb range and take a bunch of power you throw at it.

Thats what I am hoping to find at the auction is a 1066. There have been a few at the past few auctions for pretty cheap.

Dt361 vs. 404
Easily take a 1066 over a 1206 any day of the year

404? 1066 is 414 if that is what you were referring to.

a 1066 in the 10k class is gonna be a stretch. Mine with non loaded 20.8.38, and 4 sets of rear weights and full tank of fuel with me is 12,170. I figure i can get to 11,100 empty. (I think thats what I had figured) scales pending of course. Require some work to get her down much more.

But i vote 1066 as well. But I am a bit biased.

Dont be a sell out! lol. There are plenty of parts out there for them. Everybody pulls 1066's, at least find a 1206 or something. I bleed orange but I've been looking for a 1206 for a while.

404? 1066 is 414 if that is what you were referring to.

a 1066 in the 10k class is gonna be a stretch. Mine with non loaded 20.8.38, and 4 sets of rear weights and full tank of fuel with me is 12,170. I figure i can get to 11,100 empty. (I think thats what I had figured) scales pending of course. Require some work to get her down much more.

But i vote 1066 as well. But I am a bit biased.

Really? I have a friend that runs/ran a 966 NF with 20.8x38 in the 9500 all day. I know a WF will weigh probably 300-400 more. I don't think there was all that much difference between a 966 or 1066 beside having a turbo.

Did you take your wheel weights, lift arms and everything to get that weight? We tend to strip them down bare here to get weight.

Really? I have a friend that runs/ran a 966 NF with 20.8x38 in the 9500 all day. I know a WF will weigh probably 300-400 more. I don't think there was all that much difference between a 966 or 1066 beside having a turbo.

Did you take your wheel weights, lift arms and everything to get that weight? We tend to strip them down bare here to get weight.

nope, mine has arms on it still, full hydraulic fluid, 1 set of remotes and 4 sets of weights each side. It is a full functional field use tractor.

I think the rears are heavier in the 10. And yea wide front weighs a good bit.

Depending on rules, alot of places around here you still need to have lift arms and what not on them.

Dont be a sell out! lol. There are plenty of parts out there for them. Everybody pulls 1066's, at least find a 1206 or something. I bleed orange but I've been looking for a 1206 for a while.

It loaded up earlier today and went down the road. I cant say no to a profit.... Really depends on what is at the auction as to what I buy. There is usually a few Allis tractors down there and they are always a good bit cheaper.

nooo not retarded. farm stock is just that farm stock! hahaha

Its always blows my mind how classes are so different from region to region

We pull a 1066 in the 11500 class, cast wheels, 3 point, wf and like 4 100lb weights on the front. We do take off the 3pt weight bracket and top link, but thats about it, have run 22mph down the track before...

Whatever I buy will be for sale while I am playing with it. Hopefully I can get something here soon so I dont have to buy another truck to pull with....

We pull a 1066 in the 11500 class, cast wheels, 3 point, wf and like 4 100lb weights on the front. We do take off the 3pt weight bracket and top link, but thats about it, have run 22mph down the track before...

Now thats haulin the mail!

sootfoot, Yeah I fudged up. 404 is a stupid Deere motor. 414 is correct. And as far as weight, you should be golden. I have a fellow that I pull with that has a 466 in a 1066 and he pulls in the 8500lb class! I know that is completely stripped, but still. With very few weight reduction mods you can fit in the 10k lb pretty easy

Last edited:
Back