Uhhh.....yeah this was an impulse buy....

Not currently....but it will be easier to do with 640 cubic inches than 510.....as long as I can keep a crank in it

Start getting to know Carlton Cope pretty good then! MF 2805 :Cheer:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1VGBTpmv74"]Carlton Cope 2013 National Farm Machinery Show Pro Stock Champion - YouTube[/ame]

Cope has ALOT of money in that tractor, but man does it scream!

You have quite the odd ball there. They never made a 2805 with 4wd OR a turbo.
I think they turbo'd the 540's in the 2745's, but dont quote me on that.
Massey never made a 640 that was turbo'd.
Good luck finding a class to fit that big old boat in! I think they are a little shy of 30,000
If my memory serves me right, maybe around 24k?

What Injection Pump is on it?

Cause Bosch does make an inline 8 cylinder pump....

Even our local MF dealer said its an oddball, he said exactly the same thing you did about them never coming in a 4x4 turbo flavor. Its an inline pump but I don't think its a Bosch, my uncle is renting it for the time being to pull his big disc for after harvest. I'm going to start going through it as soon as he's done with it, unless he decides he wants to buy it, in that case I'll find something else to play with

If I recall correctly, Minimec makes the pumps for those tractors.
And I know the 540's had bad governor surging issues, but I don't know if it was passed on to the 640's also.

If you had a class big enough to pull it in, it would be pretty awesome!

You can spool a big ass charger with 640 cubes:rockwoot:

The 1468s are rare to begin with, a lot got turned into 1466s. I'm still disappointed you didn't buy a red one.

We had a 1468 for a while. I hated that thing. It looked nice and sounded cool, but it was a gutless piece of **** and it wouldn't start when it was below 50 degrees. We sold it to Bob Prince along with an 806 and 1206 in hopes that he would restore all of them and sell them back to us when he went bankrupt, but then he went bankrupt before he got around to it.

Wish my phone wasn't dead Saturday!
There was a 2805 pulled in the 12k and 14k class that pulled pretty darn good.
He had a velocity stack coming right out the side of the hood, it shot about 12-18" flame out the stack when he spun out at the end of the track (running probably a gear lower than road gear?), so he could've used some serious water injection.

It was cool and reminded me of your impulse buy. He didn't have four wheel drive or a cab, looked pretty well stripped, besides the giant ass fuel tank on the back and the PTO

The Cope farm isn't far from ours, maybe 3-4 miles. I went to school with Carlton's brother. Few times can the word 'beast' be an understatement, but that Massey is a beast. I've heard some of his competition say they need to outlaw big V8's because of that tractor.

The Cope farm isn't far from ours, maybe 3-4 miles. I went to school with Carlton's brother. Few times can the word 'beast' be an understatement, but that Massey is a beast. I've heard some of his competition say they need to outlaw big V8's because of that tractor.

That motor probably has more billet inside of it than most of us have ever seen!

I sold it to my uncle for him to use on his farm, I'm after something else now haha

You have quite the odd ball there. They never made a 2805 with 4wd OR a turbo.
I think they turbo'd the 540's in the 2745's, but dont quote me on that.
Massey never made a 640 that was turbo'd.

The 2800 then later the 2805s were the turbo charged version of the 2700 the later the 2775 tractors. Both had the 640 perkins engine. They came with either the minimec or bosch mw inline injection pumps. Some had CAV rotary 8 cylinder pumps. The 2745 had the smaller 540 perkins in naturally aspirated form. I dont know of any application where the 540 perkins was turbocharged from the factory although many of them had m&w kits installed in them later. We ran two 1155s on our farm for years, both had m&w turbo kits and 2805 injector tips, and they ran in the field at 200hp for years.

Back