No so stainless steel

afoltz

Gotta love them stainless steel lines from CPP promised a phone call and I'm still waiting
19412dc328e110d172adb890db3eae73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low grade stainless will rust. Did it say what grade stainless it was suppose to be? I think 409 will surface rust some

His pump is Seth bound soon for some work, so no worries on the DV holders, trucks been sitting a while, so no worries on the turbo. Those lines started rusting 3 days after they were installed. Jamie knows and said he was going to call Adam and make things right, that was at least several weeks ago

Sent from my flashscan v2

I left the guy a message telling him to contact our office. Never heard anything. I offered to replace them. Send them in and we will swap them. If you can't do that, just pay for a new set and get refunded once you return your old set. I'll say it again....those are not stainless lines! If you paid for stainless and did not receive stainless, then they should not have been installed. I'm offering to help you here. Who knows how the mistake was made, but it happened. We can fix the problem and I offered to do so.

Here we go again.

Yip. It comes full circle about once every 6-8 weeks. But at least it appears to the masses that he is offering to help get it replaced with the correct parts. Not sure if most folks could tell the difference between stainless and non-stainless if holding both and both were shiny so the I don't get the whole "if you didn't get stainless then you shouldn't have installed them" crap.....but o-well. There is an at least one excuse per thread requirement so at least he has met the minimum.

I run Scheid .120 mild steel lines on my puller. They are coated similar to factory lines. I replaced one from Scheids and it showed up shiny as can be. I thought they sent me a stainless line. It Rusted within a couple days. Called to complain and was told they switched vendors and don't get the coated lines anymore. Now I have to buy a set of stainless ones.

A quick magnet check should explain what you have

some stainless is magnetic, as all stainless has iron in it , some more than others. its not really a " one size fits all " so to speak. it does get confusing thats for sure, when comparing all different grades of stainless.

Are the steel lines less likely to crack, a buddy of mine has had to change out 4 of his in a short time. Other than appearance is stainless more durable.

Back