F1 Spartan Cam Sale!! + 2 presents

PDW Power

Supporting Vendor
Check them out.

cam203.jpg
f1cam.jpg

OK now that I have your attention. The package includes.

F1 Spartan Cam
F1 Processed Tappets
F1 Billet Bronze Thrust Plate
+
ZDDP Oil Additive 1 qt. (Treats 10-11 gal)
Torco Cam Assembly Lube
Free Ground Shipping

ON SALE UNTIL THE END OF DECEMBER!!

$1212.50 (while supplies last)

Does the block need prep to run that cam?

No the Spartan Billet's are drop in camshafts that do not require journal bushings. But are required to only run the 60lb Cummins valve springs on the 12v's and only F1 Sportsman valve Springs on the 24v/CR engines.

Brett

No the Spartan Billet's are drop in camshafts that do not require journal bushings. But are required to only run the 60lb Cummins valve springs on the 12v's and only F1 Sportsman valve Springs on the 24v/CR engines.

Brett

cool.

how wild is the h3 and does it require cut pistons ( i assume it does). Would it work for a 5k rpm puller? Tim

Awesome... mine is going into the build this month.

DSC_0354.jpg

This is the setup I'll be running....Can't wait....It should be in the mail as we speak!! =).....Since my Block is out, I'm have the journal bushings added since I'll be running the Ham. 110# springs.....

From F1's Site Helix 2 Billet: The Helix Billet is used in blocks where bushings have been installed in all 7 bearing journal locations.

Comes complete with Cam, Billet Retainer, Bolt, and Keyway!

Spartan Billet: The Spartan Billet is a "drop in" steel camshaft and does NOT require bushings be installed in the block for compatibility. This saves machining costs and allows for a faster installation. The engine will not require complete tear down and re-assembly.

Both the Helix Billet and Spartan Billet will require the use of our Spartan tappets and our bronze camshaft thrust plate.

Anybody know the difference between the Helix Billet and Spartan?? Why does the Billet require journal bushings and Spartan Doesn't????

I remember reading quite a while ago, the steel was a little different, more compatible with the block and can get away without bushings, BUT if your block is at the machine shop already, get the bushings.

Spartan has a special coating and needs the oil additive to work. Billet cam without coating is cheaper, but requires bushings machined in and installed. Both are really cool!

Spartan has a special coating and needs the oil additive to work. Billet cam without coating is cheaper, but requires bushings machined in and installed. Both are really cool!

So the ZDDP additive needs to be used all the time, not just for break in?

Ron

Back