Harland Sharp Roller Rocker Opionions

TruckYou

IV got an opportunity to scoop up a set of roller rockers for my 12v at a discount. I'm completely novice to roller rockers, but from what I read on the sites, these are pritty much bolt in pieces, other than the recommended .120 shorter Pushrods. IV got a brand new set of Pushrods being shipped to me now that I ordered last week, that are 7/16 x .120 chromoly at standard length. Can the .120 be adjusted for?

Who's ran or running these? Pro/cons?

Worthy investment?
2213854f91a2ea3743049d01567fcc93.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Unless you're running a no bs comp truck only that going to be spinning ALOT of RPM, I see absolutely no point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be neat to pull a valve cover and see those pretty things under there. lol

Sorry not sure on the length part.

In my experience Harland Sharp is a waste of time and junk for diesel applications. Stick to SMT or someone similar.

In my experience Harland Sharp is a waste of time and junk for diesel applications. Stick to SMT or someone similar.

What do you see failing on them? I believe they had needle bearings in them and I was never a fan of that.

What do you see failing on them? I believe they had needle bearings in them and I was never a fan of that.

I didn't see the needle bearing fail as much as the roller contact on the valve bridges (24V). I had a brand new set installed, ran the truck 5 passes and went to check the valve lash and the roller contacts were laying in the head on 5 of 12 rockers. The rockers were trashed. Checked the valve lash on the others and they were spot on.

Got a brand new set from HS after I called them. I installed them and 4 passes later the same issue. After I complained again they said they had some material issues and gave me another brand new set saying these were with newer and better material. I let them sit on the bench in my shop for the rest of the season without opening the box and went back to stock rockers with zero issues.

I sold them to a fellow CompD member. He gets the package and 2 out of the 12 weren't finished and anodized. These were clear shrink wrapped on a cardboard backing along with 4 other rockers that were anodized bright orange. I was blown away that someone would pack those up and send them out that way when it was so obvious they weren't finished. I felt like an idiot selling them to a fellow member as well.

Knock the needle bearings out and install bronze bushings.

This for sure....if you are brave enough to run them.

Back